So you cant upgrade m+ items you get before 9.0.5

So have have refarm all my gear prior before patch 9.1? LOL, wow, way to make a bad situation worse. Its so bad its kind of funny at this point.

11 Likes

Source: https://www.wowhead.com/news=320893/mythic-items-obtained-before-patch-9-0-5-cannot-be-upgraded-with-valor-points?webhook

1 Like

I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt that it’s a limitation on their end with how the system implementation works, but given how Blizzard has operated and not necessarily respected player time the last 2-3 expansions, I think it’s a conscious choice, and that sucks.

7 Likes

that wouldn’t make sense…it would make 0 sense lol. same season

This is a repeat behavior thing.

Like you should never stack currency before a new patch, because it will be invalidated one way or the other.

I’m not surprised.

1 Like

This is where i would love to post one of those “I’m shocked” memes.

2 Likes

It is a limitation. An item simply isn’t “upgradable” the item has to be made with that intention in mind. Previous items wouldn’t have had that sort of thing associated with them.

The new system sounds great, it’s a really good step in the right direction, people need to calm down… but, we will still see endless threads about how lives are being ruined and worlds shattered. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vIBijzg4w

2 Likes

Even if it was a technical limitation they could up drop rates or something to at least offset it. It’s already bad, this makes it even worse.

2 Likes

Yeah, any of that type of thing would do lol

2 Likes

No, that’s the opposite of what’s happening. Also, drop rates are also being looked at. :man_shrugging:

Wait… seriously?

So I have to regrind out the loot I currently have to upgrade the loot I currently have so it won’t feel like a waste of time? They just killed any reason I had to do M+ until 9.0.5 launches.

I was actually really motivated, with the valor announcement, to get back to M+ for the first time since the loot drought became apparent, and they just killed it.

Lucy just got me to try kicking the football again and pulled it away.

9 Likes

How is it the opposite, you have to regear entirely prior to another season coming out. There is no where they said they are changing drop rates.

1 Like

Are they really making it so that gear only drops from m0 or was it only a meme? Maybe that will mean that we’ll actually get a good amount of valor per run on higher keys. M0 loot droprates feel perfectly fine too because every boss drops loot.

So why even bother bringing this out before 9.1? Or at all? Just give us a vendor akin to the PVP one.

$10 says the KSM will also need to be character specific so any alts gearing after 9.0.5 will have to not only have to get gear, but also get their KSM and the only time anyone will truly benefit from this change is if they are somewhat carried to each achievement because it’s not an easy thing to get without good gear to begin with.

2 Likes

Its funny they can change just about anything else besides items, unless they want to change that item and then they change it. Or maybe they just need to hire some competent DBAs.

Its not real but it would actually end up being a better system then the garbage fire blizzard has produced.

2 Likes

Or maybe they simply want us to regrind again. Like how people spend weeks grinding the IDQ trinket from DoS and than here we go again.

Or there are limitations because the game is 16 years old, and the framework older than that. :man_shrugging:

Darth Blizzard - “Take their old M+ loot to my ship.”
Lando CalPlayerbase - “That wasn’t part of the deal! You said I’d be able to upgrade my gear!”
Darth Blizzard - “I am altering the deal. Pray I don’t alter it any further.”

16 Likes