So why is Spawn of Krag'wa Mythic-Only?

If you’re patient, astronomical AH price drops astronomically. Viscuous Horror from Throne of Thunder was in the hundreds of thousands G back in MoP, last one I bought on AH was for 3,800.

Well, there’s patient. Then there’s “wait 4 years till the raid becomes solo farmed.”

That’s kind of an unreasonable expectation of patience.

3 Likes

it’s the same for the mount

should that also be scrapped or turned into lfr so mount collectors dont have to wait until the next expac?

this game caters for 99% to casuals, and boy if it even dares to give actually good players a temporarily unreachable reward

I am just as much a collector as anyone in this subforum but sadly not many others can see the broader picture, everyone is only worried about their own interests

Their unreachable reward is the better equipment they receive.

The point is, pet battling and high-end raiding are two completely different facets of WoW’s gameplay. And it’s kinda lame to ask a player to master an aspect they might not have any interest in engaging in in order to play completionist with the aspect they actually do want to engage with.

Making playing do high difficulty raids to complete their pet collections is BS.

2 Likes

Okay, using your logic, let’s make it so in order to access Mythic Azshara, you have to have 1,100 unique pets, and all of them have to be level 25 and rare.

After all, if you don’t do every facet this game has, you’re clearly a casual, right.

What? A super hardcore player like you should have zero trouble getting 1,100 unique pets for your 20 mythic raiders right? And getting ~800-900 Rare Stones for all of them AND training all of the pets/getting +25 level stones for all of them.

3 Likes

I mean, the equivalent to that analogy is that you can’t start collecting pets until you’ve done x and y of pve or pvp content. There is only one pet gated behind mythic raiding, which is not even close to comparable. But again, you’re the definition of self centered and dramatic so I wouldn’t expect you to make an apt comparison anyway.

Regardless I have two things to say about that:

1. Pet battling is a side game. Cool if you enjoy it, but raiding was in the game since the first patch 13 years ago while pet battling came 4 expansions later. Vanity pets were always a thing but it didn’t grow this expanded until the actual battles were implemented.
  2. I personally wouldn’t even object to your suggestion. I think we play a very broad game and it’s very okay to have certain bits to overlap. There should be pets you can obtain only through pvp, or pve, or dailies, or achievements, whatever. Vice versa it would be cool if there were mythic dungeons you can only access if you beat a trainer who’s gatekeeping it.
  3. It’s one pet, no need to make a fuss out of it. You’ll have plenty opportunity to get it next expac. Want it now? Git gud, or join a mythic raiding guild. Anyone can mythic raid, but most just have to improve their skill first. Wow has never been easier, so now is your chance.

You didn’t answer my question. Should the mythic mounts be removed because players are either not good enough or too lazy to get it? After all, mythic raiders only raid for the gear right? Why should they care about vanity mounts?

Why stop there? Why should gladiators get their own mounts? Why are there vicious mounts for winning a bunch of arena games? Why should mount collectors subject themselves to pvp, pve, quests, dailies, achievements, whatever? Those have nothing to do with vanity collecting?

Blizzard isn’t making you do anything. You can still go on your merry way to collect 99.9% of every pet in existence, you’ll just have to wait, git gud, or spend gold to get this one. As I said, this game is almost completely catered to casuals. I will never understand how people can be outraged that 99%, not 100%, is catered to them.

Their comparison might be hyperbolic, but it’s still completely apt. Putting pet content behind raiding is the same as putting raid content behind pet battles.

A more even comparison is “Oh there’s a bonus world boss that you can only fight if you finish a pet dungeon first. But oh, the loot is BoE, so you can always pay a pet battler a ton of money for the loot if you can’t pet battle gud!”

Such a thing would be considered completely outrageous, but that’s exactly what’s going on here.

I mean, PERSONALLY I don’t care about mounts because there’s no Mario Kart/Chocobo Racing side-game that I like to engage with associated with them the way pets have a Pokemon side-game I enjoy.

But no, since you mention it, they probably shouldn’t giving out rewards for raiding that has nothing to do with raiding.

Right, and the rewards for that hardcore play should actually be FOR that hardcore play. Instead of rewarding hardcore play with items that only relate to the casual side-game that is pet battles.

Casual play rewards for hardcore play makes NO sense.

Yep. That’s how the saying goes. “Gotta catch 99.9% of 'em!”

2 Likes

And I would make the same argument against those people. It has everything to do with people’s closed mindedness and unwillingness to either move out of their comfort zone or accept that some things might be (temporarily!) unavailable. (big difference of course that pets are a side show, this game is still about raiding and pvp. vanity is optional).

In fact it’s a symptom of todays society where people freak out the moment they’re confronted with something outside their bubble.

Wow is (or was, game is pretty crap right now) an amazing game with a huge variety of things you can do. It’s okay if you are awarded with something that falls outside of those strict categories.

Again, it’s not as if you’re permanently excluded from getting the pet. You can a) throw a bunch of gold at it, b) git gud or c) wait until next expac. The outrage over 1 pet in a collection of about 1100+ is definitely in line with the changed playerbase and the reason why this game has gone through the drain.

As I have written several times in this forum, it would seem that the devs have tried to get players to leave their comfort zones in the last couple of expansions. While it is unlikely that I shall ever be a Mythic Raider (especially as a Feral Druid), it is always possible that other pet collectors will. It is also possible that some Mythic Raiders may become Pet Collectors or Pet Battlers. And to that I say, the more the merrier!

I understand that trade has gotten a bad name in the past few years. But as an Econ major in college, the benefits of trade are undeniable. There are many things that I do to make money in this game for which others have no time or talent. I enjoy fishing, gathering herbs and general crafting. Some of this may have ended up in the hands of Mythic Raiders. I have no issue with buying a pet that drops from a Mythic raid. I am not willing to spend a fortune. But I can wait for a reasonable price.

I really don’t see the problem here. If you take the stance that you should be able to personally collect every pet that is out there, you are being short-sighted. This is a Multiplayer game and the notion that someone else can sell me something I want is perfectly fine. The only people who could be vexed are the ones who feel they “gotta have it now”. And they are crazy anyway, so who cares about them?

I still don’t have the Wondrous Wisdomball. I’d settle for more pets like this that I can buy and fewer that depend on RNG.

2 Likes

I’m just not sure mythic raiders - especially the ones with the “But I raid MYTHIC and YOU just do WQs, you filthy casual! Stop being lazy.git gud!” mentality - should be the controlling source of something like a pet. Hopefully the pet buyers don’t cave too much on the prices.

2 Likes

Thread’s kind of veering off topic IMO. OP was pointing out that it’s not logical that pets don’t drop once their associated mob joins the fight. Specifically, Spawn of Krag’wa should drop in Heroic (in addition to Mythic) since its associated loa (the frog) appears in Heroic and up.

I mean… to each their own on the raid pets debate. But can we not agree that it would only make sense to have the pet be on the loot table of their associated loa? Frog has a chance to drop a frog pet. Thunder lizard, a thunder lizard pet. And so on. Logical, right?

5 Likes

Pets are not vanity. They have their own separate gameplay associated with them.

And what the game is “about” is up to each player to decide for themselves.

Oh yeah, cause fear of the unknown and not wanting to leave your comfort zone are completely new concepts and totally not something that has existed for as long as humans have existed.