So, why exactly are we getting Fresh hardcore servers?

Incredibly wrong take. HC is not vanilla wow at all. Its a game mode based on vanilla wow. Current vanilla wow enjoyers dont want HC they just want a fresh.

1 Like

I think overall this is fine. Any decent ecosystem will have people who are able to make their living off of it. And in turn, they provide services and entertainment for the players and whatnot.

However, this should have little impact of the vision and actions of the dev team. They are driving the ship and should always be in charge to build the best game they can imagine.

When all the non-technical and non-design talking starts to take over, pressure from internal and external sources, and no clear leadership - that’s when we get crazy ideas like releasing a third hardcore server when 95% of people on current ones are asking for consolidation of current ones.

My generally philosophy is that - if I can’t implement something myself, then I likely don’t really understand it.

1 Like

There’s no point to a fresh HC unless they’re rollilng out a SSF one with extra challenges like nudist/no talents – the way it should have been in the first place.

1 Like

People who are not playing sod, are not and will never “go to sod” to raid. There is a very obvious reason for that. Sod is extremely polarizing in that you either love it (youre a freak) or hate it (youre a human being)

SOD is not an option for a very large majority of players, as statistics show

You and I are very well aware that if they launched a regular fresh alongside HC, SOD population would fall down the pit

There will also be no “booming population” from a hardcore server by itself. Remember you can transfer your dead toon to era if you die - imagine how many players would NOT play hc in a scenario where your toon cannot xfer. If they launched a fresh right next to it and if you die you can transfer to the fresh, the following will happen:

1. 90% of the playerbase logs in
  2. target level 1 boar/wolf
  3. attack monster stop attacking
  4. die
  5. xfer to fresh