So why don't casters use their weapons in combat?

Doing all your combat with hands only is boring.

We have wands and staves that never, ever get used (ok I lied, melee autoattacks, big whoop) in casting animations.

It’s boring and it reeks of unpolished laziness. Fix caster animations so they actually use their weapons.

There’s a common misconception that casters’ weapons are enchanted and/or their sources of power. This is unfortunately quite false.

Casters are powered by Drip or Swag, depending on what class you’re playing. The more Drip a weapon gives the caster whilst resting upon their back, the more powerful their casting is. Holding the weapons in-hand while casting would actually weaken their spells, since the magic comes directly from their Swag-empowered bodies.

This is also why a good transmog is important to maximize performance.

3 Likes

I’ve played games like that and hate it. With WoW it would be even worse as so many two handed caster weapons are ridiculously large. Using hands and minds to conjure magic feel so much more natural.

As for “drip”, this is the first time in sixteen years hearing that explanation. I’m happy with them being stat ticks that I occasionally whack something with.

3 Likes

In my mage days… I got the Azure Mageblade. It was my bling.

Swaggier bling, swaggier deeps.

Correct.

Imagine Flavor Flav’s dps…

He doesn’t raid with a full group… he just solos the latest raids because…

Perhaps this would be an interesting suggestion to make, where you can choose between casting via your hands as the default animation, or casting using a focus (staff, spellblade, etc.) as an optional animation set that can be activated. It’d certainly bring more life to characters being more individual at that point.

2 Likes

I am a caster and do not want to get close to an mob. So melee is there for that purpose. It would just suck having to be a caster and banging my staff against a mob.

1 Like

Flavor Flav receives AOTC every tier just by logging in.

1 Like

Let me battle this earth elemental with a wand… poke poke

This reminds me of a warlock I played with back in BC. In Kara on the maiden fight, he “got bored” of casting and wanted to try melee-ing the boss with his staff… he was legit serious :joy:

Ahead Of The Clock

Gandalf enters the chat

3 Likes

Gandalf is the only Fury Warrior/Mage hybrid the universe has ever, and will ever, see.

Too OP.

2 Likes