So why do 1h weapons cost 2 bullion and 2h weapons also cost 2 bullion?

Isn’t this inherently punishing to dual wield only classes? Enhance Shamans, demon hunters, rogues, for example. 4 bullion to equip weapons seems a bit ridiculous. Not to mention tanks that use shields, again, 4 bullion.

Blizz, Y U DO DIS? Why can’t you ever get MATH right?

41 Likes

Just commenting to push this back up but, this is a serious issue. Why does a main hand & off hand cost 2 bullions each when a 2H weapon costs 2 bullions? The MH/OH should be 1 bullion each.

21 Likes

This is a very good question. Also why does upgrading a 1 handed weapon cost just as many crests as a 2 handed weapon? We end up spending twice as many crests upgrading weapons as other classes.

24 Likes

Turns out this was the demon hunter nerf all along.

22 Likes

Inclined to agree on this one, the system invariably favors two-handed weapon classes.

I guess the system was made this way to not punish Fury Warriors, but it just ends up punishing everyone else.

6 Likes

So the only class/spec that should be required to spend 4 bullion to dual wield is fury warrior? That seems like it would be a specific problem left over by reducing the 1h cost to 1 bullion.

Oh and fwiw my warrior is arms so I don’t have a dog in this race.

I agree that this is an issue, but let’s be real here. If anything gets done about it, 2h weapons will get bumped to 4 bullion, rather than 1h dropping to 1.

7 Likes

Then it would take 4 weeks to get 1 weapon. That would make no sense. The season is not long enough to justify that cost.

1 Like

Fury shouldn’t have to pay 4 for their weapons either. Not sure what the solution for that specific problem would be though.

Difference of opinion, I suppose. I think 1 bullion would be too cheap for anything they’re selling.

Maybe keep the price for first weapon purchases and give a discount on subsequent weapon purchases.

2 Likes

No different than everyone that uses 2 or mh/oh or mh/shield needing 4 weeks to get their set.

1 Like

Give Fury a quest to turn in their purchased two 2handers and receive a 2 bullion refund? But make those two unsellable or something?

1 Like

The whole point is that no spec should need to spend 4 weeks of a currency to get their weapons. Period. That is the whole point of this post? lol.

3 Likes

I don’t think this is as much of an issue as OP seems inclined to think it is; We have until sometime in the fall to collect bulion and/or sparks and gear our characters up with opportunities to gear being plentiful; Mythic 0’s drop champion gear as does the Time walking raid so getting gear of that calibre isn’t exactly impossible for players who are going for it and this is assuming that they aren’t going off to do the raid themselves.

Really, it’s better to think of Bullion as being more of BLP as opposed to a primary method of getting geared.

Unless of course you have a legendary you want upgraded of course, in which case it’s going to be the primary goal you have for those tokens.

Nobody is being punished. Nobody did anything wrong….

This is just how the game works sadly.
Some classes just have more slots to fill.
Do i think its fair? No. But it is what it is.

1 Like

Atleast it’s fair for everyone this time around.

When we were using valour points, 2-handers cost twice as much to upgrade at 1500, which was inherently unfair as it would take 2-hander users 2 weeks for one upgrade compared to 1-hander and off-hander/shield users who could upgrade their weapons each week.

But the bullion are more just bad luck protection to ensure you can at least get a weapon in case if doesn’t drop in raid.

This is the whole point tho. Folks that aren’t doing higher keys or higher raids actually HAVE an opportunity to have a good weapon this time. But have to pay MORE for it. It’s doubling down on non-raiders IMO. And by this I mean for dual wield folks. You can get ONE item from the raid, but two? Not likely. Yet still have to pay more bullions, too.

What’s this word bullion being used? It sounds like we are talking about currency in another country. They called golden bars bullion. Lol