So, why can't we cage and give away wild pets from the wild?

I wanted to catch a Razormaw from Isle of Thunder for my brother but I can’t cage it and give it away.

What’s the reason for making it harder to help other Pet Battlers out? Cuz that Razormaw is really, really good despite being a generic wild pet.

The idea is that if your brother really wants one, he should go to the trouble of capturing it himself.

More than half of the 1,600+ pets are cageable, can just be bought off AH. Means more challenge for those of us who want the uncageable ones and are willing to work for them.

But he never did Panda land and never will.

I don’t like this mindset as it seems like it’s gatekeeping newer trainers from just Pet Battling.

I see both sides to that.

It’s easy enough to go out and catch them. But there have been times I’d love to mooch some from my husband!

Wild pets are by far the easiest pets to capture. There would probably be a dozen or maybe 2 dozen which cant be solo’d by Anubisath.

If he wants to get a pet collection it really is the best way to get your numbers up - unless you have millions of gold and hit the AH.

I only ever capture green or blue so it takes longer. Unless I literally have no luck and then use a Rare stone.

It sort of depends on the definition of “wild pets”. The one OP was referring to, Razormaw, isn’t a pet battle, it’s finding and looting one in a nest in a cave on Bloodmyst Isle. Gaining access to the cave isn’t easy and requires many dozens of hours of grinding thru Pandaria. So a new player who’s skipped Pandaria will never have this pet unless he’s willing to go through the grind.

Fair or not, that’s how the game works. It’s not impossible for a person to own this pet, just a question of how hard they are willing to work for it.

If youre at 70 then you blast through old content, even without flying.

You can’t buy wild pets though as they cannot be caged.

Only drops/rep/reward pets can be caged.

If I could cage these wild pets for him then I would.