So why can't I have pre nerf pets?

It’ll change and they’ll be usable as they should until AQ just like it did then.

You’ll see :stuck_out_tongue:

This comment sums up the problem with ignorant tourists from retail. As you clearly don’t know, allow me to explain; Hunter pets don’t scale with AP in Vanilla. This means that any incremental damage increases you get with pets like Lupos are going to be pretty miniscule.

Yes, getting Lupos is probably a DPS increase. But what im saying is, that getting Lupos has more to deal about with the class fantasy of Hunter than strict power level. It’s more about getting the “ultimate pet” and adding a higher knowledge cap to pets, adding an element of depth to the game that doesn’t exist if the pets exist in the current homogenized form that they do on 1.12.1 and live.

For example, imagine you have been training Hunter normally, just getting whatever pet you thought was the most cool, or one of the first ones you saw while leveling.

Then you hear someone say there are pets that have unique abilities like shadow damage from Lupos, now there’s like an extra element to pet management and taming you know in addition to the other stuff you already know about. In the simplest terms, it makes the hunter class more immersive, and the game more expansive.

I know it must be difficult for a tourist like you to understand why homogenization is bad for the game because you’re so used to clear cut balance and years of mind-numbing from live, but at least try.

Also, if you don’t actually understand how Vanilla actually was(as you clearly don’t), it’s better to leave discussion for those who do, otherwise you’ll just end up touting your own ignorance and ridiculing yourself.

There was a reason for that change. Stop crying like a baby and learn to play without your buffed pet. Or choose another class

1 Like

He did 100% shadow damage that bypassed 100% armor. “Miniscule”

Which is why the OP wants it so badly.

No, I think it has to deal with strict power level. Otherwise he’d be crusading for some other mechanic like weapon normalization, or no DRs on CC.
What’s a higher knowledge cap? Something you made up?

Not really. It’s more like a, “get this pet or you’ll be gimping yourself”. I don’t think a pet with that big of a buff in PvP/PvE is anything but mandatory. And when you’re forced to pick a pet for their performance over what your preference is, that’s the antithesis of fun. That’s slavery.

Go back to begging for staves to affect feral DPS, bud. You’re an awful troll, go roll another character and try again.

Yeah, and I’m in the employee alpha.

1 Like

Lupos wasn’t the only rarespawn with unique abilities…

No one cares about Takk’s pursuit speed or Snarler’s Resist All. Neither do you. Stop pretending like there is any choice but Lupos.

If you’re a Hunter player you care.

You are just trying to justify nerfed hunters because you don’t want to die to one.

You are just trying to justify buffed Lupos because you are so trash at the game you need a broken pet to kill anyone in PvP because you play like the spawn of Hellen Keller and Private Pyle

1 Like

This affects all beasts not just Lupos.

Why do you keep harping on about that wolf?

Well I’ve accepted the fact that I’m gonna do sh*t dps in raid from the start, so should the other hunters on this forum.
There’s no way for 1 class to be vocal enough and not be drowned in the #no1.12change

Having early pet mechanics until 1.9 would be a nice surprise but my hopes are low. Let’s roll with 0dps scaling from the start and enjoy those 2weeks of fame.

oh look here’s farthir trying to further get anything in he can so he can add his “improvements”.

what you view as an improvement another does not.

they weren’t a melee tree. they were a hybrid melee/ranged tree using the melee parts to get to ranged and survive.

and what of those of us who quit retail and are waiting for classic but are still 120. are we tourists?

except they are basing the game on 1.12. not 1.5. not 1.7. not 1.9

good luck with that. still waiting for you to show us what other classes are getting to use pre 1.12 mechanics.

no, its more like it sums up the stance of blizzard.
look, i would love older style threat, older av, etc.
but we aren’t getting it. blizzard has made it clear that 1.12 is what we get, unfortunate as it is.

and if you’re a rogue you’d like us to have a time when we didn’t have diminishing returns on cc, among other things.
if you’re a paladin you would like pre 1.9 so you can have ST threat. others want old school threat in general so it matters more, and starting with 8 debuffs.

guess what? no one else is getting what they want either.

Because it was in your OP you goon. And it’s the “real reason” why you want it changed. Not because you think Takk running down epic mounts was cool, not because you wanted a searing roc to park inside the lava in front of Ragnaros, but because you want a stupid strong Pet to overcome your opponents.

Fun fact: I play a hunter for my alt. I hated having Lupos with shadow damage because I hate using wolves. I’d rather use a raptor or anything other than that drooling mutt. But because I min/max, anything but Lupos was laughable.

Ooh, now we’re making assumptions about other players! Fun.

I was there from day 1 of retail, and others on this thread likely were as well. There were reasons Blizzard made the changes they did in each patch, and 1.12 was as vanilla as any other. I don’t get my non-diminishing-returns Fear with a warlock, I don’t get my special pet attacks with my hunter, and neither do you.

I think there’s some orange slices left.

Well, that wasn’t a problem any more by 1.12. What pet did you replace him with?

don’t worry. farthir is so oblivious he actually thinks old school survival was actually a pure melee tree.

Yea and? Good for you.

Maybe I want a raptor that can chase people on mounts and keep up with them, or a pet with strong resistance, or maybe i want to use Lupos… WHY IS THAT A PROBLEM?

because literally no one else is getting a pre 1.12 class mechanic. why should you be the special snowflake?
literally everyone is getting the 1.12 version of their class.
literally everyone is getting 1.12 av.
literally everyone is getting 1.12 raids.
literally everyone is getting 1.12 dungeons.
literally everyone is getting 1.12 talents.
why should hunters be so dang special to get something literally no one else gets?

1 Like

Maybe I want to endlessly seduce and fear my opponents and chain dot and nuke them till they drop dead with no ability to counter me… WHY IS THAT A PROBLEM?

Mm, really tasty orange slices.