So when's the nerf bat

I finally got to play some beta pvp. I know there is still tuning to come, but my God, even without leggos and conduits, sub does some insane damage. I’m really hoping it isn’t nerfed too hard.
Conduits and leggos for sure need to be. Hopefully we will still.be viable pve wise after it comes.

1 Like

It does, but also the other classes do too. Could also be you are accustom to how terrible BFA is.

High speed PVP meta are actually good, because it makes every class fun to play, and that way healers can be valuable but not immortal gods either.

My hope is that the classes are 95% of the damage, and that they nerf the hell out of all the borrowed power so that its total cumulative contribution is no more than 5% of the output. Utility spells are also kinda questionable because it may turn out that they are also insanely over tuned.

4 Likes

I’m totally okay woth burst/fast paced pvp. It was super fun. I just am afraid blizz will nerf sub into the ground and it’ll be bfa over again

5 Likes

Ita a fine line. Sub dmg needs to be scary in dance windows but not so much so that mage/sub 2’s is an auto win. It needs to not make ppl auto have to pop defensives but at thr same time not tickle.

How does blizz balance this? Its so hard.

1 Like

Blizzard focuses on PVE 1st. There is no way to have balance in both. Their PVP game is overwatch. And they have historically sucked at continuous balance.

3 Likes

Kinda what they do now days.

From what I see, they dont really want players to control their damage at all, instead they want RNG to do it because then its just RNG happened and GG, and that way players cant point at a class design and say “Hey thats busted”, or L2P, or whatever.

Blizzard now days is nearly 100% anti-fun

2 Likes

Wow arena is also their pvp game. Just because you arent good enough to pvp doesnt mean its not a focus. Hence the tournaments? Lol

2 Likes

I say get rid of all pvp from pve servers, no battleground queues, etc. If you want to pvp go to a pvp server. Wow is and always has been a pve game

Yes there is. They already do it.
“(this ability) does X% less damage in PvP instances.”
The capability for balancing is there. The only question is why they choose not to do so. My guess is because the dev team has no serious PvPers, so none of them know wtf they’re doing with the PvP side of things.

2 Likes

Statistically the amount of people that PvP is tiny compared to the amount of people that only PvE. Blizzard isn’t gonna spend too much time balancing what in their eyes is basically just a side minigame.

2 Likes

Thats actually not true.

1 Like

They put effort into arena tournies dude, they will put effort into balancing to some degree.

1 Like

Troll post?

There are no pve and pvp servers. Classic forums are > that way.

1 Like

Some degree yes. Not equal to pve. Their pve tournaments are more popular than their arenas.

2 Likes

During last years AWC tournaments (or the year before, cant remember) the players in the arenas made a mockery of Blizzard by standing around afk until dampening was at like 50% (might be wrong on the exact number) before they started fighting, just to prove a point to Blizzard that their “balancing” in PvP was trash.

3 Likes

There is a PvE tournament? I just can’t understand this. What happens in this “tournament“? People rushing to kill their bot before the team. Team A fully stacked with Gushing while the Team B stacked with tentacle and see who gets more procs. Just lolz if that is the case.

1 Like

Mythic dungeon races.

3 Likes

Money and effort in promoting an event =/= quality game play.

GCD tournament > Blizzard arena tournament

1 Like

uh… what? Haha no it hasn’t. Thats why they have pvp tournaments. Or use to have pvp servers.

I do agree they focus on pve first though! That’s why there is so much issues with pvp now a days. They don’t even care to try to regulate it anymore though in previous expansions there were situations where pvp felt atleast “fair” in a sense