So what's the deal with versatility?

I’ve started to see people ask for your versatility number in LFG. Most of my gear is from PVE, so my vers. is like 8% but my ilvl is 213. Would I be better off wearing honor gear?

The real idea is get to 213 while also having vers on all your pieces.

Its a tough choice, a 210 piece with no vers against a 197 piece with vers. So yea you need to get all the pieces to have vers, and be high ilvl.

I wish I had a full mythic PVE set on my mage with BiS secondaries to actually answer this question.

Even at 25% versa on my mage with triune it sometimes feels like 0% versa when people connect with cds or get uptime.

Sometimes I wonder if i had full mythic raid gear would I notice a difference defensively or would I opt for the full damage and stats it provides secondary wise.

2 Likes

Make a stat weight calculator that accounts for the 40% vers amp and damage reduction component and just pick what is the best pieces. Youll probably see thatll tell you to keep a lot of your gear and switch out some pieces for vers.

Nice idea. Do you know how to account for the trinkets in Pawn?

probably whatever your current vers is and times it by 1.9
.5 for the damage reduction and .4 for the amp
Ex. If youre current vers weight is .8 then .8 x 1.9 = 1.52 would be new vers stat weight.

thanks that should work for a decent way to weigh it

Vers should be removed from the game IMO

It’s a band-aid for a PVP system that is completely broken

1 Like

With 30% vers the PvP 2-set bonus gives 12% more damage/healing. So you would do 42% more damage. Sounds like the best stat to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, while reducing damage taken by 15%. It’s just no brained the best stat fsho.

1 Like

Offensive Versa scales 40% harder than your other stats in PvP

The damage reduction portion ehhh I mean obviously for mos ppl hovering closer to 30%, 15% damage redux is substantial compared to 4%

15% in this meta tho idk honestly not significant lol

1 Like

I’ve noticed that too, mainly in random rbgs. I don’t usually do them but I wanted to do the weekly and people asked for vers %’s :joy:. I think I’m low ilvl, like 213 at the moment but I have 28% vers. Unlucky with vault this week, no upgrades :frowning:

Even relative to base stats (Int Str etc)?

1 Like

You’re def missing out on a lot of damage/healing with that little of versa. Even more so when you factor in the pvp trinket bonus to damage and healing from versa.

A good vers level is like <20% right?

Sorry if you already know this but wearing 2 pvp trinkets makes versa benefit 40% more scaling

https://www.wowhead.com/item-set=1203/gladiators-distinction

You still want ilvl more than anything since Int is obviously on all gear aside from rings

but yea breaking 2 pc bonus makes my healing surge do 1,000 less healing on average

Most people are at 25-30% versa. You need as much as possible its def every ones best stat in pvp.

That is exactly the reason why they are asking. The question isn’t that easy to answer. Where is the gap when ilvl becomes better than versa.

Dead people don’t deal any damage and someone with 213 ilvl but 25%+ versa will not only survive longer (the difference is already around 10% more defense) but also deal 8% more damage thanks to pvp set bonus (that is increasing offensive versa by 40%).

So someone with 205 ilvl but 25%+ versa is at least equal (if not even better) than someone with 213 ilvl but only 8% versa.

1 Like

All this is false nonsense and theory crafting. Check it

If you die instantly in 1-2 GCDS with 25-30% versa
Then the versa didn’t help or matter

But if you could have gained 200% more damage because ur spec thrives on crap like crit/master or w.e then you were better off with PVE stats bc ur dead to 1 shot anyway atleast you can maybe theoretically 1 shot them first.

May the best instant gib win

1 Like

You should aim for pieces with vers but do not underestimate how strong main stat is now, it’s crazy