So what was everyones thoughts on World PvP so far? What PvP Rank did you get to?

What are your thoughts, feelings, etc? What was your favorite or least favorite moment?

I got about half way thru Rank 2. I didnt spend nearly enough time killing the enemy :frowning:

My favorite moment so far has been reading everyone whine about PvP happening on a PvP server. 10/10

1 Like

I havenā€™t got to 60 yet as Iā€™m very busy irl vs how I used to be :frowning: but so far itā€™s been kinda fun to see how the world has essentially been set on fire. Get good screenshots, everyone. This kind of event doesnā€™t happen often in gaming.

1 Like

Mine was when we came out of UBRS and we were like oh theres a couple of allies lets kill them which we do then we look out on the main outer ring and there was probably 60-70 alliance and we were llike yeah i dont think so was pretty cool. Ran around in EPL for awhile with small groups and killing back and forth was good times. This will separate the men from the boys though :slight_smile: I miss it so much.

Iā€™m in the same boat. I rerolled once to get off a dead server and I am bummed that I didnā€™t make it to 60 for this. I missed it in vanilla, too, because I didnā€™t buy the game until BGs were out.

1 Like

Weā€™re not too far behind to make it happen. The beauty of classic is people will be doing all content the entire life of the game basically. From phase 1-6 people will still be running things and grinding honor, raids, dungeonsā€¦ all the above. Iā€™m loving it so far

1 Like

The fight for Azuregos was some of the most fun Iā€™ve had playing this game.

4 Likes

Took my guild out tonight. It was fun and exciting to see everyone get out there and fight.

1 Like

Kind of what I expected, but still feel kind of let down.

I understand that Classic isnā€™t a game about skill or balance, and thatā€™s fine, if someone picks a weak class they do so with the knowledge of 15+ years of information at this point. The game shouldnā€™t be changed to balance classes throughout the entirety of Classic; BC or Classic+ can do that.

Iā€™ve been on almost every spectrum of WPVP at this point, and honestly it makes me yearn for TBC or Wrath arenas. Iā€™ve seen groups of 5-15 chasing down a single person and I think, ā€œIs that fun for you?ā€ Iā€™ve been in the massive 100v100 battles in SS vs TM and think, ā€œIs anyone actually enjoying this, or are they just doing this for honor?ā€ Run into them, kill a dozen or two, run back and let them do the same, rinse and repeat for hours.

Classic is a terrible game for PvP if what you desire is a test of individual skill. Classic is an amazing game if you value the MMO part of the game, where numbers mean everything.

1 Like

i regret rolling rogue/not raiding for better gear. iā€™m afraid to travel anywhere unstealthed because everyone is using spy.

the world is a hellscape

World PVP is boring. Going back and forth in Hillsbrad isnā€™t exciting or interesting. If it was fun, it would have been happening prior to honor. People are doing it because it gives honor not because its interesting.

BGs cant come faster.

2 Likes

Itā€™s made me realize that nothing about WoW is fun in any way and I should unsub. Grind this, grind that, get killed and run back to your body from 10 miles away, get to 60, grind dungeons, grind raids, grind BGā€™s, grind, grind, grindā€¦ Ugh.

1 Like

It destroyed my fun since its massive pvp everyone lol. Cant wait for this to calm down a bit.

From what ive seen you seem to participate quite a bit in the group ganking in Blackrock.

O.O You havent seen me then past tuesday for MC, i live in the plaguelands with a hint of solo ganking at SS.

Ah yes at Lights Hope since phase 2 you are correct :stuck_out_tongue:

Hillsbrad isnt wpvp. Thats just honor farming (and its not efficient)

It was pretty fun at first the small skirmishes we set up are fun, getting constantly ran down by a horde Zerg is lame.

It isnā€™t to bad now that I am done my hunter leaf quests. But during that time it was horribleā€¦ Had one boss finally at about 3%. Alliance shows up out of nowhere spam emotes me and attacks the boss so it resets and then proceeds to kill me. Took me like 3 more hours to down it dealing with the griefing.

1 Like

OH SNAP I SAW YOU IN GAME!! I think it was our in DM, or BRM I canā€™t remember. But I was in discord with my friend and guildie and I tried to say your name lol!