So, we have a slavery quest

Leveling in Uldum and just got a quest to go kidnap pygmies to be trained as part of a side show.

Well. Alrighty then.

6 Likes

17 Likes

Whole zone is wild. Have you seen the Schnottzis yet?

20 Likes

It’s a fantasy world not the real world.

40 Likes

Yeah, I did. That one just felt like a clever way to skirt around the whole “German Nationalists without being German Nationalists” references.

“Fashionism!”

6 Likes

World of Warcraft is the first time fiction has depicted something like this. It’s fiction. It’s telling a story. It’s fiction. Do we think telling a story is condoning it? or?

4 Likes

Uldum is 100% Indiana Jones themed.

19 Likes

It’s just wild we’re supposed to be world saving heroes, but we also earn a few coins enslaving primitive native folks.

4 Likes

Uh oh, what weird hill are you all dying on now?

19 Likes

That’s slander against Sallah. He would never go kidnap people to make money; that man was a saint!

2 Likes

cata classic hype cata classic hype.

2 Likes

Hmm yeah I’d of thought we’d free people from slavery, not put them into it. But then again Horde players were forced to be complicit in burning down the world tree. There’s a alliance quest where you kill some Tauren for not letting some gnome scam them like the Native Americans were scammed. There’s other quests out there where you are doing some questionable things, remember the torture quest in Lich King? You burn the guy with hot pokers?

2 Likes

Dont do the quest? xD

4 Likes

You missed out on the quests I just mentioned didn’t you? We torture people too.

1 Like

Nah, I just never actually did all the quest lines in Uldum. I stopped after killing the Dark Pharaoh and went to do other stuff back in the day. Figured, since I’m leveling a new toon, do it somewhere I hadn’t really ever quested.

1 Like

You realize my entire class is based on the subjugation and forced labor of other beings that I oft force to explode themselves upon my enemies?
I’m not saying it’s okay, but this is Warcraft! Dark things are everywhere, seems though the game is forgetting that nowadays.

20 Likes

I agree to a point, but is taking part in this consistent with the morals of our characters? If our characters are following a more or less virtuous path, does the deviation make any sense?

2 Likes

Yeah, but you’re a Warlock. We expect you to do evil and shady crap.

4 Likes

That is true

2 Likes

Said the Dark Iron. Did you miss all the shady stuff they’ve done?

3 Likes