So, Vampires

Are vampires/vampyrs acceptable to role play? Not San’layn necessarily since they are allied with the scourge. But, are there any vampire guilds out there? Any role players that choose to role play a vampire? What are your encounters with people like? Is this something that is taboo?

This is MG, pretty much everything is acceptable. If this were Wyrmrest then you might have some issues.

1 Like

You’ll find a mixed bag of people who want nothing to do with you IC, people who want nothing to do with you OOC, and people who vibe with you.

You can do it well, you can do it poorly. Either way there’s a niche out there for you, even if not a vampire guild outright (there might be idk)

1 Like

It used to be something of a roleplay taboo, but the general roleplay scene has relaxed considerably. There are plenty of vampyr/darkfallen/san’layn around. I think most people accept if you’re fine with it or not

2 Likes

I have personally witnessed a Vampiric group accosted by a would-be Vampire Hunter in Darkshire when it was the makeshift RP Hub during the Diablo 4 launch event in Stormwind. So, A: There is a relatively recent group out there, and B: It’s a prime example of intrusive and opinionated RP. (the lil blood suckers where minding their business and abiding by good RP etiquette mind you)

Also, I can personally attest to the difficulties in finding a lasting and meaningful “Undead” friendly RP group, especially Alliance side. I have had amazing experiences with Horde side gatherings on this character! The Guild, Undercity Nexus (which has Vampiric characters I believe), the Lordaeron Night Market and the Undead Social Gathering (every Thursday night) have ALL been fantastic experiences for my Alliance DK.
Hope this helps!

Tons of people play this.

Tons of people are avoided that play this.

Mainly because they operate in broad daylight in the middle of the city and yet are ‘untouchable’. Between Paladins, DKs, and Illidari, you wouldn’t logically be welcomed out in the open. Just like Warlocks walking around with pets open. So expect some people to just not like you.

Now you go into seeder parts of the world like what was mentioned above with the Lordaeron Night Market or even factionless places like The Rusty Nail; you’d be welcomed if you are not trying to actively attack someone.

I know for my character, she will NOT deal with them in the City. But you come to her tavern outside legal limits and spend gold. You are her new best friend.

7 Likes

Not true!

Yep!

San’layn and Blood DKs are the closest thing we have to ‘irl vampires’, and not all are Scourge affiliated. Since they’re Elves, they’d be welcome into Quel’thalas (since they cant void out the Sunwell) or Forsaken society.

you’re gonna have a rougher time Ally side though

3 Likes

There are plenty of Vamyrs in Stormwind, as well as a few San’layn who are ‘conscripted to the Ebon Blade’ even if they often recieve negativity in Stormwind.

So long as you’re open to IC attacks/negatively, you’ll be fine. The biggest thing is keeping in mind that while some characters won’t mind, others will. :joy: And they’ll tell you. But IC drama can be fun!

Pretty much anything is fine to RP, vampires included, so long as you keep in mind roleplaying is a collaborative effort and no one is obligated to write with you. It’s important, when considering a concept that goes more grey area with lore, or one that would logically make poor Jarel at the Lamb have a conniption due to a more antagonistic nature, to ask yourself what you get out of the concept that you wouldn’t with another one.

“Because it would be fun” is a totally valid answer to that question, but public RP takes into consideration other people’s fun too, and some concepts force multiple people to either ignore you or bend their own concept for the sake of not causing a fuss.

When it comes to such characters, that said, it’s also a spectrum. A human pirate infected by a vampiric blood curse and trying to hide it, with few hints in your profile about them actually being a vampire? That’s a concept that is much more collaborative when it comes to public writing and lets you pick and choose who eventually might be brought into the loop about why your character has a seeming obsession with drinking what they’re claiming is tomato juice. A very obvious Great Value Dracula who isn’t in service of the Ebon Blade and wandering around Stormwind for whatever reason? Harder for people to write with.

2 Likes

Oh okay. Thanks for the input everyone. I just thought I’d ask because it interested me. I just wasn’t sure if it would be acceptable or not. But thanks for your answers!

1 Like

dont let your dreams be memes!

Moonguard has its ups and downs but its acceptable to any type of roleplay whether you’re an undead/dragon/vampyr or whatever that fits your imagination.

Of course, playing such character may result discrimination based on their faction/guild views and such, but don’t take it too seriously. Hate the character not the player or game. ^^

1 Like

I’m an affliction Warlock. Drain life is my only food group …

2 Likes

The parallel to what one sees in tabletop RP is striking.

I’ve known (far too) many players who create troublesome characters “because I’ll have fun”. Then they get peeved when I point out that the objective is for everyone at the table to have fun, not just them.

Remembering that the other people are not just there to be your personal fun dispensers is an important thing. Good post.

2 Likes

Bro, just do what you want, even the rp gatekeepers on this realm ignore the actual lore consistently.

Dont ask permission, ask forgiveness.
Dont ask questions, make demands.
Something, something, Falcon Punch.

2 Likes

You’re right. My problem is I care too much what people think sometimes. RIP

1 Like

Vampirates literally exist as hostile mobs and are apart of a short quest chain in Legion. Play what makes you happy, other people don’t pay for your sub

4 Likes

Feel free to add me if you would like to create some plots for this vampire RP.

diego42 on dc. I never had a vampire before, I would love to discuss with you perhaps.

Sounds like an all girl heavy metal band. “The Vampirettes” !

… OMG, I just googled it… it TOTALLY is! LOL

1 Like

I heard that vampire roleplayers keep a straw on their person at all times. Wonder if it’s true. Hrm.

1 Like