So uh you seem to have gotten rid of most of the macro icons

You gonna rethink that? Or is it just a bug?

1 Like

This is a Players-helping-Players forum and if you’re going to rage against Blizz here expecting some divine bolt from the Blue you may as well be pissing pixels into the virtual wind.

For the heck of it I decided to see just how many macro icons there were in 8.1. First impression is that there are just as many today as the have been for months. I actually clicked through 100+ pages of icons and wasn’t even halfway through the list before I decided that it was a waste of time. Each page had at least 90+ icons on it.

The folder structure changed in 8.1 and if you were using an addon that showed custom images or was coded incorrectly that change probably broke it. There were PSA’s like the one below posted in the GD Forum, here and a few other places too.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/psa-8-1-new-folder-structure/

Disable all your addons and if that fixes it, enable/Disable halves until you find the broken addon and then check if the addon author has posted a fix.

1 Like

Well Tink your wrong, they have removed all other classes spell icons from the list.

The final FU as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like
  1. They haven’t removed them from the game, only from the default macro selection list in the default Macro UI.

2. They’re all still available to you either by directly editing the macro cache file or by using one of the addons that gives you access to more-or-less ALL of Blizzard’s icons. I use LargerMacroIconSelection personally, but I think there are a few others.

I was able to confirm that at least with LargerMacroIconSelection, the Warrior Ability icons were there (Charge, Intercept, a few others) while I was on my Hunter. I didn’t look past that as it proves that I can see spells from other classes.

You may just be a game saver if what you say pans out.

I know it seems insignificant with the over all problems wow is having, but for years I have made all my own spells to fit the theme of my class.
I’ll post back here if it works, thanks.