So triune ward pretty much not mandatory anymore?

weird

It was pretty obviously meant as an attack against him.

1 Like

Ah crap. Does this mean we mages will have to go back to Torghast?

Did anyone think a touch of karma/life coccoon on 25 sec - cd wouldnt get nerfed?

Just thinking where the hunter/ret nerfs are though. They touched almost every high performing specc (even tho not really impactful) with expection of these disgusto classes.

Idk man people who hide on alts probably have a reason for it.

I mean it’s kind of just a dumb legendary. Seems it would either be op or not worth when there’s a crit damage stacking legendary

People who say it’s good for “protecting your combust from getting purged” don’t really play mage. Combust damage is frontloaded in the first 2 seconds or so, value after that isn’t all that high. By the time combust has been purged (if they even have the ability - good mages/teams will cover the dispel class(es)) your go is pretty much already done.

Combust is typically trinkets and cds anyways, and if you don’t have trinkets and/or cds you’ll probably die to the combust anyway. It’s rare that a team saves itself or even has an opportunity to save itself from combust with only dispels.

The two benefits of it aside from the increased absorb (which is now 5%) is gaining the buffs from all 3 shields and dispel protection for your absorbs

Long story long I think I’ll probably just play the crit damage legendary unless maybe into other mage teams, prismatic barrier is really good cause you can’t get db polyd with the magic debuff reduc

1 Like

Triune has definitely been broken so it deserved the nerfs. I agree with the posters above that I think it will be situational. Not being able to db sheep a mage is strong, so now barrier will require some brain cells to use as the actual shield absorb will be worthless (dropped in a global from most classes).

Curious for other mages, if FI or Disc Command will be better? Disc command would give more dmg, but more scripted than FI. For RMP, I think disc command will be superior as db sheep/ring kid will grant buff right beforee the go. Always situational. Kurwa torghast tho thought I was done with that nonsense smh

1 Like

FI is safer and less to think about

If you kill with combust it’s generally a large overkill anyway, I don’t know that running the risk is worth it. I don’t want to have to think about not being able to use things in between goes so that I don’t incur the cd at a time that I don’t need the buff. Like if you poly and nova within 10 seconds of each other you lose your buff and have to wait

1 Like

Thats a good point. Only other upside I see of disc command is that you can put it on a ring, and remove the need to get stichflesh ring to be full bis if you’re a hardo like me.

But yeah agree, annoying to think about and timing it would get pretty scuffed with novas/pre sheeps etc. FI prob the move. Thanks

1 Like

Imo, it’s gonna still be mandatory.

It does help with Mage’s survivability with barrier conduits, and the effects of the other shields are still incredibly good. Magic ability reduction, melee reflection, and slows for melee. Sure it’ll be a little weaker but i think it’s just too good to pass up still.

1 Like

You could be right. It’ll be a feel thing for me, it may still be the play

2 Likes

Yeah, I never got alt posting. I post a ton with relatively low XP and no one is rude to me, except Dozer. Lol

it won’t worth to pick it, yes you have 3 shields with 3 effects but those shields and their effects will banish in a random crit 2 seconds after you use it