So there was no #ripcord after all

Take the post in whatever context you want.

Trust me, I am not an Ion fan and think he has done a poor job at addressing issues with BFA and ignored major issues until they could no longer be ignored. However, the Development team has been hard at work and perhaps they have been addressing issues within the beta in quick fashion. So who knows… this may be the expansion.

I couldn’t even begin to imagine why a corporation would want to try and silence a large negative outcry right before a major product launch.

3 Likes

Thank you.

They are making changes because these are all issues people will quit over. They’re designing the expansion backwards and inside out. Instead of starting with an idea they knew players would love, they started with an idea they knew in advance that a lot of people would hate.

2 Likes

Sounds like you have the solutions to all problems… You should become a developer, since it’s so clear to you. I am sure you would excel at it.

I only make observations about what I see the devs doing and ask myself, “Of what benefit is that to them?”

If you haven’t noticed them stringing players along with promises that the next BfA patch will fix everything and redeem the expansion, you haven’t been paying attention.

1 Like

Ion himself said that the backup already existed

I’m gonna need a quote on that, 1 because I don’t want to sit through the hour long video Preach has, 2 because I remember him only saying that they’re “prepared to change it”. He didn’t say they had the change ready to go.

I definitely recall Ion telling us that they wanted to try to make this work first, and if it didn’t, they had a backup plan to pop in and change it.

1 Like

he specially did say that it was ready to go

I’m gonna need a quote, just like I asked the other guy.

This was discussed at length at the time. You weren’t paying attention, and you won’t believe it no matter how much data people spoon feed you.

So you don’t actually know what he said. But you’re in here telling people that he didn’t say something lol.

If you don’t have the time then go open up Bellulars recent video about the rip cord drama. It opens with Ions quote.

Yeah imagine after 3 expansions of failed game systems that Ion would admit that maybe the community knows what they want roflmaoomghaxors

2 Likes

Or rather that they genuinely believe their ideas could be fun and different? Imagine giving the community everything they want always lmao

Here. Bellular made a video about it and it starts with Ion talking about it

if we need to pull that ripcord, it exists

I think you’re reading into this sentence too literally. The whole point of the phrase is that its a metaphor as there’s no literal ripcord that gets pulled. He means that they have the means change it by saying “it exists”

Fun and different for whom is the question.

They wouldn’t have brought up the idea of a backup plan if they didn’t know in advance that people were going to have major concerns about locked covenant abilities, content types, and off specs.

I guess google is hard.

So Ion said that something exists, but what he actually meant was that it could exist if they need it to. But it’s the players fault for reading “X exists” and thinking that X does in fact exist lol

2 Likes

What exists is the ability to do it, not the tangible implementation.

At the time I was under the impression that it was something they would be working on, not that it was ready. And in any case, it didn’t seem reasonable to me that it would be possible to completely change an expansion from its core with a simple implementation.

Because it’s a terrible system. They know they can’t balance it. They know that people will hate it. They are either delusional, or so arrogant that they don’t care (my personal theory), but have enough sense to realize that if they don’t placate people they will lose an enormous amount of money.

So they lie.
Just like they lied about BFA’s story:

Actually only 7 years. MoP, WoD, a single year of Legion, and BfA (although with reforging costs that is debatable)