So then, how are we supposed to ask for help?

I’ve been unable to consistently update World of Warcraft for the better part of the last year. Almost every time there’s an update, I get at least one error message cheerfully saying,

“Whoops! Looks like something broke. You could try restarting Battle.net.” More help: BLBZNTAGT00001389”

It usually resolves itself without me knowing I’m doing anything different. I just try signing in and it auto updates like it’s supposed to. But that can be the next day, the next week, one time I had to wait more than a month and a half! Then magically one day, update!

When reaching out for help via support tickets, I always indicate that I’ve tried all of the recommended troubleshooting steps. Typically it takes a few days to hear back, and then I get a message apologizing for taking so long, but here…“Have you tried these troubleshooting tips?”

“Ummmm, yes. I told you already that…” TICKET RESOLVED!

Today trying to put in another ticket about the error messages keeping me from updating or playing, the support system shows that “Live Chat is unavailable”, “Phone Callback is unavailable” but “Web Ticket is available 24/7.” Apparently, however, not this 24/7 because I’m getting this error message now.

You can’t submit this ticket. An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.”

And that started a couple of hours ago. What do we do when the only option available to us is UNavailable to us due to system errors, when we are trying to get help with system errors. I’ve spent 17 years with my characters, but support is as bad as I’ve EVER experienced over the last several months.

UPDATE 1- I deleted and reinstalled the Battle.net Launcher again. All of the updates seemed to react normally this time. However, when I try and launch World of Warcraft, I get the following error message:

The CAS system was unable to initialize: Tact instance creation failed. Error (1): unknown failure. Tact instance creation failed. Error (1): unknown failure.

disheartened sigh

UPDATE 2 - I tried opening World of Warcraft Classic, and received the same error message as above for that application, as well.

UPDATE 3 - I shut down everything and restarted the entire system. Neither World of Warcraft or Classic will start up showing the error message from Update 1. And now, even though it’s showing an update available for Classic, it gives me the

“Whoops! Looks like something broke. You could try restarting Battle.net.” More help: BLBZNTAGT00001389”

error message, so back to square one.

Brother they don’t care anymore

1 Like

I experienced both errors and managed to fix all that problems.

BLBZNTAGT00001389 occurs when the agent cannot access read & write permission for installation directory. Especially when the agent can’t write files in ‘indices’ folder.

The CAS system was unable to initialize: Tact instance creation failed. occurs when you launch the game by clicking wow.app while ‘everyone’ are not granted permission for the installation directory.

For both errors here’s my workaround.

1. Go to WoW directory.
  2. Examine the RW permission. If ‘everyone’ doesn’t have R&W, manually add the permission. Check Apple’s official documents. Search on Google

Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac

1. Check all sub folders. The most important folders are ‘data’, ‘config’, ‘indices’ folder.

2. If you fail to update the game after you fix the permission, you should completely reinstall the game. Drag the game folder to the Trash and install the game again.

same problem, no help.