So the Whelplings are getting an update . .

. . . and they are like some of the most adorable things I’ve seen in this game . . . Like seriously . . .

click view 3d model

also some honorable mentions for baby animals that are also so sweet they will give ya cavities (some are not completed / finalized)

8 Likes

I hope they don’t change the models of companions sharing the same skin, like they did with a lot of the critters

I miss my 2 polygon giant sewer rat

1 Like

I have yet to see a green or black whelpling but given they never updated the old whelplings when they made those newer models back in legion you should be good . . . the others are new pets for this expansion

Excellent, if only because if they do it could mean they’re unique.

I really hope that duckling is tamable :pleading_face: edit: it’s cageable. Damnit…

1 Like

eeeeh not me so much . . . not the biggest fan of making a baby my meat shield . . . still adorable.

also the new whelplings have a sitting and sleeping animation and WHY DO THEY LOOK SO HAPPY GAAAAAAH I WANT ONE!

1 Like

Sweet baby Thrall they are adorable.

1 Like

I meant for pet battles :sweat_smile:

It’s able to be put in a cage, so it’s either a drop or a vendor item. I wanted to b-line to the nearest lake and get my hands on one immediately.

1 Like

What’s the issue?

there is no issue . . . other then they are precious little cinnamon rolls that are to good for this world . . . of warcraft . . .

fair enough, theres also a LOT of duckling battle pets so there might be a catchable one out there

Usually when people use “like seriously…” it’s in a negative context as if something’s wrong. Such as this:

1 Like

Sorry, twas not my intent. still trying to wrap my head around these animated plush toys

1 Like

All good! :purple_heart:

Many whelps! Handle it!

3 Likes

just wanted to bump this with a bit of an update . . . including a better look at the baby phoenix

3 Likes

Ooooh, they’re adding a Spyro whelpling, interesting.

1 Like

Blizzard totally ruined Uhk’loc, the white/blue gorilla from Ungoro when they gave him a polygon update. He was my go-to pet that every hunter I leveled would get; since the update, he only gets used in TBC. I will wait and see how this ends up being implemented before I get excited.

Polygon updates for battlepets, while good in concept… may not end up how we anticipate.

1 Like