So the Talent Trees

Are they going to be like Cataclysm ones where you put a point into Ret and you’re locked in Ret?

Cause if so that throws the whole Hybrid build excitement out the window.

1 Like

I think they said there would be no cross-spec, yeah. I’ll see if I can find it.

Can I spend points in a spec tree that is different from my current spec?

• No, you will not be able to spend points in a spec tree different from your own. If you put points into the Restoration Druid tree, and swap to Balance Druid, the effects from the Restoration tree will no longer apply to you. You will have new points to spend in the Balance tree!
1 Like

It looked to me like it’s actually 2 trees.
you have the generic paladin tree, and the ret/prot/holy specific tree.

2 Likes

Thank you.

[EDIT]:

Bummer, I guess I shouldn’t have expected it to switch back though. So it’s basically the same deal as now except some passive points we manually put in and we get to save loadouts without an addon now…

2 Likes

It is, but it’s not going to be like the old style of being able to put points in Ret and Prot or all 3 trees, just the general and specialization ones.

Tldr:
There are still specs.
You have to choose one at lvl 10.

The talent trees are split between class and spec

In the class tree there can be abilities from other specs.

The spec tree improves that spec.

1 Like

As the others have said they are two trees entirely. Treat it as an extension of how they separated out the baseline class abilities in their own section of the spellbook and then your spec is in another. The trees are just an expansion of that change and will in almost all cases focus on strengthening the abilities that exist in that tree/spell section alone. Probably not generic +x damage/healing to all spells sort of thing.

Per Ion’s Q&As? Yes. Which is a shame, I was hoping we’d get some innovation with it…

1 Like