So the restless scourge

did it ever become an even greater threat? I know Sylvanas broke the crown, and then I saw some ghouls in Redridge Mountains but … where did we leave that arc? is everyone being eaten alive and turned while we’re in the oribos waiting room or did we solve that problem back home ?

because Bolvar is certainly not on the throne to help things…he’s in the waiting room too.

Last we heard of the Scourge was the raid on Redridge in the Kyrian campaign. One would assume they’re still wreaking havoc, since no one has stopped them.

1 Like

Considering the nearest source of Scourge or Undead activity to Lakeshire was in Duskwood, and before our flight into the Shadowlands the local forces of the Argent Crusade were struggling to maintain the defense, Arturas is likely correct.

Given that they’re basically hanging out during the invasion, I imagine the biggest threat to the public welfare would be a smell unpleasant to the living.

1 Like

Scourge 2.0 was an underwhelming bust. I think Blizzard forgot all about it.

The restless scourge took a sleeping pill and went back to bed.

I’m the great and relentless, restless, unwavering…yawn…Hellroid!

…and just like that, I need to take a nap and be forgotten.

I’d like to imagine new powerhouses of the Scourge took control of the ‘lesser scourge’ or those without strong minds or wills.

Then the more deadly Scourge, and with stronger will broke away from the Lich Kings grasp; like many of the strong-willed did when Arthas was defeated (E.g. Val’Kyr & San’Layn) and are biding their time or gathering resources / power, or simply ‘finding their place in Azeroth’ now etc.

Atleast that story would seem more justified and way better than “Oh yeah we forgot” or “Yeahnah was just a load of hogwash.”

Except they didn’t, we’re told the scourge is still rampaging but the Argent Crusade is holding them back.

I think we will end up forging or finding a new helm and have a new king to rule them by expansions end.