So the general vibe I'm getting from the forms now is

Night elves should have just givin some damn lumber to the horde and should have also stopped whining about the war of thrones.

About damn time people realize the night elfs had no rights to ashenvel or Azshara and should have just learned to share with the horde. Instead of complaining about a bunch of land they don’t even use.

5 Likes

Horde was wrong to invade Ashenvale. Some make the excuse that they needed it to avoid starving or w/e, but you can’t really fight when you’re starving.

1 Like

I suppose it’s sunday somewhere. Happy sunday, everyone!

11 Likes

Yes, the night elves were wrong to act hostile to the orcs during the 3rd war.

No, that does not justify the War of Thorns.

1 Like

It was bad because there was potentially a diplomatic way of dealing with it (IE: not being a dick and letting Cairne take the lead on the situation)

It was also bad of Tyrande to mock garrosh to his face about the fate she hoped the orcs would suffer, I mean holy hell, what a psycho, they helped you at hyjal and you personally asked Saurfang to head the AQ effort. Show a little dignity and grace lady. Especially since the earthen ring ended up helping you out again immediately afterwards.

3 Likes

From what I recall, the initial halt to trade was a result of the Broken Front, where Horde troops attacked the Alliance while engaged with the Scourge, causing both the Horde and Alliance forces to fall in battle.

After that, it was the matter of the Night Elves skinned alive and hung from trees, which the Horde not only celebrated like psychopaths, but which Thrall refused to apologize or seek any sort of justice for, because the Horde would not have liked that.

Overall, it was a mess.

6 Likes

Thrall was not exactly there when it happened, do you think he got cell phone reception on a rock in the middle of the ocean? and what justice needed to be done given the Horde did plenty of killing of Twilight cultists during Cata?

Also gonna need a citation on the horde as a whole supposedly celebrating it, because Garrosh did explicitly deny being involved in it, and Cairne and Vol’jin specifically were furious about it.

2 Likes

The initial conflict in WC3 is kind of funny. You had Broxigar the Red personally fighting alongside Tyrande Whisperwind, being given the Axe of Cenarius which he then used to help the Kaldorei Resistance and eventually jump into a rift to kill thousands of demons and even delay Sargeras. Broxigar helped SAVE THE WORLD, and no one ever stops to put two and two together about how the Warsong Clan all look a lot like the orc they fought with and even built a statue of.

5 Likes

I can provide the wiki page and a quote for you.

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Thrall#Broken_peace

Seems I was mistaken on a few points for which I apologize, but the underlying mentality is all there nonetheless.

3 Likes

You’d think Broxxigar holding off waves of demons on his own before leaving enough of a wound on Sargeras himself would be a little bit memorable.

1 Like

I think people forget that the Bronze Flight often performs maintenance on timelines so involvement in past events by individuals from the future do not interfere.

That Rhonin and his Raptor army, or Broxigar fought in the War of the Ancients is true to them, but the individuals alive back then likely have no recollection of it due to interference on the part of the Bronze Flight in order to maintain the timeline.

3 Likes

I mean in the case of Broxigar, this wasn’t true. Tyrande and the Night Elves explicitly remember him, the mention of his name is enough to bring Tyrande to tears in remembrance of how they lost him, and she also called him ‘one of the great heroes of Azeroth.’ He’s the only orc that the Night Elves paid homage to by virtue of building a statue to him.

2 Likes

Strange. I never see him mentioned in game all that much. I honestly wondered if the Devs hadn’t retconned him, but glancing at the wiki he was in a flash back in Legion, and was mentioned in Dragonflight.

1 Like

There’s an entire cult of Broxigar on Argus. (honestly the only religion on Azeroth I respect) It’s not like he or his actions got ret-conned out of existence by the bronzes, especially given his axe still exists and Rhonin and Krasus remembered what happened.

His axe was also mentioned in Stormrage I believe, so Malfurion does know about it, though I guess he could have been told after the initial dustup.

I fully acknowledge its a dumb retcon since the wota books came after, but it is still canon.

Yeah, that’s what happens when you allow a hack writer to retcon his self insert and other characters into established lore.

11 Likes

It’s sadly the only way the Horde gets positive lore.

2 Likes

The heckin chud orcs did a borkin colonization bigly and as such got served on twitter. Sorry chudorcs yall are evil

Sorry big dawg azeroth favors new empires far more then failing empires with ruins that scatter the land that they themselves don’t even live in and the nelves left A LOT of free land for grabs. If they wanted to not get one of their trees burnt they shouldn’t have gotten so murder happy over some trees when the orcs rolled up.

Also, I thought that by the forums standards the orcs are 100% in the right to take some land since they where feeling persecution and if you think about it a form of exile.

1 Like

But… they did share lumber, food, and water with the Horde. They only cut all trade after the Horde fiasco at the Wrathgate and the Horde fiasco at the Ashenvale peace summit.

Maybe the Horde should have learned not to have their ranks infiltrated by Legion and Twilight’s Hammer cultists. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe the Horde should have learned not to have their ranks infiltrated by Legion and Twilight’s Hammer cultists.

The Alliance is NOT one to talk in this field (see: Archbishop Benedictus, Twilight Deacon Farthing, Melris Malagan, almost the entire town of Darkshire…)

7 Likes