So... The Boys

Kinda ruined super hero movies for me.

Because lets face it, we are humans, and with superpowers I dont care how much or long uncle Ben would be yelling “with great powers great responsabilities” ppl would just do whatever they need in order to be popular and mainly doing whatever they want.

You know what… I just changed my side at the Civil War, Ironman had it right.

Ironmans a joke. That said you missed the point of the show. Its not meant to be the generic and boring superhero nonsense. Its meant to be different.

2 Likes

I’m a tad similar to this but with zombie movies / shows thanks to a comic series the same creator of The Boys made.

I’m not entirely sure I should mention it by name because. Oh boy. It’s a lot.

Well that and Covid ruined the whole “but humanity banded together to stop this crisis” plot in movies for me. People freaked out so hard about masks and vaccines that I just can’t believe that type of story anymore.

4 Likes

Those zombies are just paid lefty actors

1 Like

One can almost imagine a new Scary Movie film parodying 2020

1 Like

Loved the first couple seasons. I read some things about the third which convinced me not to watch it.

Super hero movies were never good to begin with, at least The Boys gives them an interesting take on how it would be if they existed in a society equal to ours.

2 Likes

Don’t Look Up on Nerflix is a pretty good parody of the last couple of years.

1 Like

Was rather funny they made a big set piece for one specific scene that I’m not sure I can describe here.

Whoever had to order that and help create it must have felt like “This is why I love my job”

2 Likes

Whatever they’re paying Laz Alonso, it ain’t enough.

I dunno man sometimes an actor practically goes “Oh this is weird. I’ll do it.” just so they have something different to do role wise.

1 Like

I agree.

There is no reason whatsoever someone like Homelander wouldn’t become a sociopath. There is nothing that can hold him accountable at any level.

1 Like

Those three made a pretty good try of it, last go around though.

If you think the Amazon series is “out there”, try reading the comics they adapted it from.

The TV show is tame by comparison.

2 Likes

It has to be semi tame especially when you consider what happened to starlight in the comics. Of course thats also what makes it interesting. Its different and sorta unique.

Eh I just accept that comics and comics related things are pure fantasy. There would likely be some good people with powers, but definitely bad ones if it were real. But none of it is. People don’t have super powers. It’s not anything we have to worry about in real life. And comics have had their edgier stories since the 70s.

I think Homelander sucks who would like that guy?

Hes damaged and imperfect. Hes relatable to those of us who are just as scared.

1 Like

You relate to a murderous sociopath?

On some level i understand it. But i was referring to the instance of being turned into what we as individuals are by another as relatable.

Some aren’t born bitter and distrustful, others turn us into that. Same as being a monster in some cases.

1 Like