So should we just skip Sunwell? WOTLK 2022

This is actually my guess as well. I’m guessing mid-may SWP drop. September prepatch, and wrath drop in October.

Just like last time, most people won’t bother with it, due to the how the gear/power inflation works between xpacs.

So Season 4 would be then as well?

Totally false. I passed from AQ/Naxx gear to raid BiS at TBCC and I will start raiding with my Sunwell/MH/BT gear at WotLK. Farming pre-BiS is really just for people that start playing with their character for WotLK without raiding before the release.

Lol @ a Paladin telling people they play in a bubble. :stuck_out_tongue:

They already confirmed later may season 4 arena. Pretty sure they’ll just drop them together yeah. Mid May sometime we’ll see SWP, and likely arena season with it.

I hadn’t seen this, thanks.

Yea no worries. Good luck on the rest of season 3.

SWP is absolutely not doable by any guild “still progressing in BT” even in a nerfed state. It’s ok, you will be fine in Naxx.

You are the outlier, not the normal WoW casual & semi-casual player - though far more people “hardcore raid” in the Classic versions today than they ever did during the original release of these games. Back in original WoW days, only a small % of players were hardcore (or even semi-hardcore) raider types & the last raid phase of TBC was largely skipped over by the player base - which was why WotLK was so casual/faceroll/simplified in its design/implementation compared to Vanilla & TBC. Cata then tried to reverse-course a bit to add a bit more challenge back to most levels of the game & the mostly-casual community raged about the “difficultly” & brought in the heavy nerfing of content.

Personally, wearing TBC raid gear all the way to endgame WotLK doesn’t sound fun & really ruins the leveling experience & journey in a MMORPG. But, different people have different ideas of what’s fun/rewarding in the game I suppose. WoW Classic (& retail) these days is more of an ultra-competitive PvE e-sport than a PvE MMORPG to a very large swath of players.

1 Like

Again, not true. You’re basing this statement on SO many assumptions without taking into consideration anything but what you assume to be true for everyone. I JUST came back to WoW after a few months. I have catching up to do. Its coming along but everything in WoW takes time especially if you’re behind on gear. Trade chat pugs clearing BT are more organized than you think. They use discord and coordinate. The only difference is they don’t all have the same guild name above their heads. The point of this thread btw is time. We need more time for Sunwell.

Woe is me. There’ll always be people coming back, this train don’t stop for you. Sunwell is coming out in May.

You’re like the champion of missing points. Regardless of my situation, many players want TBC to last longer if not even a permanent thing. The people who advocated for classic didn’t want it just to see the dungeons and raids 1 more time and then its gone. They wanted something long term with it. There is no reason TBC should not continue past the release of WOTLK classic.

If you are still progressing in BT…I have bad news for you about SWP…

Sounds like a you problem.

Do it! Should’ve just skipped tbc to begin with and go straight to wrath.

2 Likes

Sounds like you don’t care its a problem obviously.

You’re complaining about “I jUsT cAmE bAcK” Time moves on, the sooner you get over that the better. And the others are right, if you came back and didn’t clear BT that day or even that week then you don’t need to worry about SWP because chances are the trash will eat you alive.

There’s a bigger point being made here that you haven’t seen yet, or are ignoring it. If re-releasing TBC was just about going through the patches 1 more time and then its over then I don’t think a lot of people are going to be Ok with that. That was never the point when players were asking for classic WoW.

You remind me of the people who read headlines and give a “well informed” opinion about the entire article.

BT is much easier than SWP, where bosses are not only buffed by a 25% avoidance reduction on tanks, but also have significantly higher health pools meaning guilds can’t simply zug them down in under 2 mins. So if you are still progressing on BT, which was released in January, you will likely struggle to even down one boss in SWP. Those are just facts. SWP is meant to be the toughest raid in TBC. If you can’t down BT, I hope you enjoy corpse running, because that’s going to be 99% of your experience in SWP.