So Season 4 is

Actually is the progenitor affix for raids of all difficulties and not Mythic raiding only?

Nobody knows yet.

Of course that would be terrible.

But to me it looks like they are just trying to implement something easy (no art assets) during the normal 9-12 month final tier drought to spice it up instead of the exact same thing.

Yes, because all features of a patch are announced at the same time and there will be no content for you at all.

What? Sure not even player does M+/Raiding/PvP, but acting like it is a “Very small demographic” when that is what most of the endgame has to offer is crazy

And yet we’ve seen this happen in other MMORPGs, which is why it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Poor wording on my part. There was supposed to be a “possibly” in there. I think I typed it too fast while running around in game. Apologies, I’ll fix that.

For now. Both dungeons AND the MT.

And thus far, they haven’t made any of it fun to many I’ve spoken with. So you’re right, people will just quit.

Except…

Thus the concern if this keeps going forward and it ends up looking like Old Republic all over again.

1 Like

That makes infinitely more sense. :sweat_smile:

Mage Tower…

Honestly? As far as I’m aware they haven’t brought back the original tints (I’m not in the loop on it), but if nothing else it gave bears back the opportunity to get their unique bear rigging.

Book mount looks neat too.

I’m not saying they won’t go into a mode of flipping assets for easy subs. That’s always a possibility with any MMO, like you said. Just that my understanding of their intent as currently stated is to spice up their season rotations with small additions like this.

I’m not sure what that has to do with a Timewalking even being made permanent outside of Timewalking and now dungeons that were part of Timewalking now becoming part of normal content outside of Timewalking.

They can absolutely keep going with this and just get rid of Timewalking altogether. They did in Old Republic.

That’s a very glass is half full way of looking at it. And I’ve become so disillusioned, that I can’t see that being the case. But time will tell.

1 Like

To be fair, new mage tower is (again, not in the loop on it) the same challenges with different and reduced rewards. My understanding is that they’re gonna leave it up for people to do because it coming around once in a blue moon is just weird given you have to prep at least two or three characters to get all the challenges done for a mount.

If nothing else, the dungeons-outside-of-TW thing would only be seasonal. Maybe they’ll dip into other expansions or rotate from a given expansion. :woman_shrugging:

I just see it as an opportunity that I hope they capitalize on. That’s given I’m incredibly disillusioned myself, but I’m waiting to see.

Nope, never claimed to have any. Just saying you shouldn’t make baseless claims lol.

Exactly. The rewards are irrelevant. It was a Timewalking event using Timewalking tech that is now no longer Timewalking.

We always have a season going on.

I hope they don’t. I hate the fact that I only have the same raids I’ve been running for ages in Old Republic and rarely any new dungeons added.

So we’re still in Season 1?

Seasons rotate.

I’m not saying they should just reuse old content and never make new content. They’ve not directly or indirectly stated that’s their intent, either, so until I see otherwise I’m just gonna wait.

OP, your main is a Warrior that hasn’t touched a normal raid since 9.0.
Why are you getting worked up over changes to raiding that doesn’t impact what you already do not do?

Don’t get me wrong. I think further levels of difficulty to Raiding is bad. But, it’s Season 4, last season of a terrible expansion. I welcome the ideology of throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. Now is the time to experiment.

If it is terrible, so what? SL is already terrible. They wont carry it on into the next expansion.

Be critical. Don’t be dismissive. And certainly never make assumptions.

If they add a timer to raiding, I’m out.

And if they do it every season… :woman_shrugging:

Indirectly they’ve hinted towards the possibility. But I’ve watched other MMORPGs go this route, which is why I see it as inevitable. But, again, time will tell. I’m not up in arms about it. I’m just not getting any positive feelings towards it.

I have doubts.

Sylvanas still being alive worries me.

Then why would they bring back the MT?

Race to world first all raids to boost their esports.

i don’t think people who love keys and hate raids are suddenly going to love raids just because they have affixes added.

On the one hand, I think this is actually a pretty cool idea, especially as something which in theory adds a little life/extra gameplay at a time during a patch’s life cycle where typically new content of any kind is finished.

On the other hand, as a solo player, there is literally nothing in that announcement for me. I’m skeptical they would institute the announced raid changes for LFR, and with no other changes, there’s really no reason for me to log in once Season 4 hits…which, I might add, isn’t necessarily a bad thing for me, as I’m sure I’ll fill that time with other games and activities.

Hoping there are some other changes to be announced for Season 4, but not counting on any.

2 Likes