So regarding the GeForce Flicker

I just updated to the newest 461.09 driver, and I had this issue prior to the driver update. Lighting and shadows would flicker sometimes. Others noted turning down shadows made it go away. Some said setting frame limits caused it.

For me, I think I’ve figured out when it happens for me. And it’s not tied down to shadows or frame limit.

It happens when:
I am using a render scale above 100%.
I am using any type of MSAA anti-aliasing.

If I use 100% render scale and FXAA, the flicker disappears.

2 Likes

At least you’re not experiencing the random driver crashing :\

#pay2beBetatestersclub

Just did this myself. The heart of the forest was quite literally a disco strobe light with how much it was flickering. Turned the MSAA down to FXAA High and I have zero flickering in Ardenweald now.

For the moment, anyways.

Edit: spoke too soon. Logged into an alt in Sinfall and immediately saw flickering on a massive scale that continued regardless of what AA it was set to. Christ.

1 Like

Yeah so that didn’t really fix it. Still tickets like crazy sometimes.

Is really bad in Revendreth zones.

There’s a missing profile flag for WoW (both retail and classic, and the superfluous generic WoW profile) in the newer NVidia drivers. I’ve outlined how to restore it in the main thread over on Technical Support for people who are comfortable with such things, otherwise the only “fix” is to use drivers no newer than the 456 release.

2 Likes

The best way to solve this, for the moment, is to go back to an older version of the driver. The last version that worked properly was the 457.51

1 Like

I saw there was a new driver available about a week or two ago and then I read about the return of the flickering. I’m not sure which driver version I have, but In going to stick with it for a while.

Thank god i looked here! Thought my 1070ti was dying.

1 Like

Download nVidia Profile Inspector and import one or both of these:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/247515315825672203/797266981631950884/World_Of_Warcraft_-_Retail.nip

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/247515315825672203/797266979877552218/World_Of_Warcraft_-_Classic.nip

Problem solved.

3 Likes

Downloaded profile inspector from github, imported the retail link above.

what next? that’s it?

Should be. I did it manually but I can’t find the instructions I used. It should just change WoW’s profile in the nVidia drivers to make it work correctly. I think a new driver update will overwrite it.

2 Likes

thanks my friend, seems after the change revendreth is much better, allows me to change resolution scale past 100% again, and MSAA8x

1 Like

I didn’t want to rollback to an old driver (drivers get updated for good reasons) so changed back the WoW setting to DX11 instead. For now anyway.

I don’t use Geforce Experience and I am not seeing these flickers on a 2080TI. Of course I’m not visiting the Shadow Lands areas in a while.

Edit: Ok I think I saw the flickering at the Heart Forge in Silithus, the actual forge itself flickers like a disco.

Current nvidia driver still has this issue.

Yep thank God The Fixx above still works

You’d think with such a simple solution that it would have been fixed by now.

2 Likes

I didn’t experience the issue on WoW but I did on Stellaris. Strange…

1 Like