So... post-nerf Frost Mage Tower. Anyone done it?

Because holy yikes. I imagine this was doable prior to the Frozen Orb nerf, and I’m seriously kicking myself in the :peach: for not doing it then. But now, this honestly does NOT feel possible.

Before it’s misconstrued, I’m not calling for nerfs or whatever. If it needs it, fine. If it doesn’t, fine. But, genuinely, has anyone done this thing since the nerfs?

1 Like

I completed both the arcane and fire challenge fine but post nerf it feels like you don’t get enough fof proc generation to reasonably kill the twin in between hand spawns. Same boat as you where I wish I did it before (literally double the frozen orbs then compared to now).

1 Like

I’m lame, didn’t even attempt the frost challenge. I completed the arcane mage tower. Agatha made me pull my hair out after getting 10 minutes in an dying to dumb stuff ( I don’t mage main). So I did the arcane one after about 7 tries. Highly recommend.

Seems like the frost and fire mage towers last much longer. So dying in later phases feels terrible. The arcane one doesn’t feel as bad to me to die in a final phase. Not sure why.

1 Like

This is my issue, too. I’m getting far into Phase 5 and just can’t get enough damage on Raest before Karam is sprinting toward me like an Olympic runner on (insert illicit substance here) due to having to blow ALL my procs on the hands. Very frustrating.

Do arcane for the mage mog and do twins as aff lock, it’s super easy as affliction.

1 Like

Yeah, I just swapped to Arcane and am gonna give it a shot now. Haven’t played the spec in many, many years, but I’m reading that it’s not too bad. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 Like

Fire imo is the freest challenge of all.

I might give it a shot if Arcane doesn’t click for me. I did Agatha as Ele, so I suppose it’s already familiar. Progress toward the mount would be nice, though!

I tried it and failed. To be honest my determination was kind of shot because I can’t get past the healer challenge so if the mount isn’t in the cards for me I don’t have much motivation to try very hard on any of the other challenges in mage tower tbh. There are parts of mage tower that do need nerfs, in my opinion. People act like I’m a scrub because I didn’t do it “back in the day” (I was freaking out over grad school during Legion), but I wonder how many of them did it later in Legion when it was easier, since it didn’t scale.

1 Like

Yep… got the Arcane one pretty handily. :laughing: Thanks for the suggestions! Hopefully there’ll be some kind of change for other Frost players, but I’m just glad to have it out of the way.

I hope you get it! Takes some persistence, that’s for sure. If you do go for the Mage one again, I can attest that the Arcane challenge is pretty doable. I mentioned before that I haven’t touched the spec in many, many years and I got it pretty quick. Hit me up if you try it and need some help or advice!

This may be the play. If you already completed it as ele, you should have no problem as fire. The Imps die to one fire blast, it’s actually insane.

Never mind, seems you got it? Congrats if so!

1 Like

I did! Thanks!

1 Like

For mage, I did Fire - because I found that one to be the easiest of them. I tried frost and just didnt have the procs to keep up. It was dumb. I did not try arcane, because I havent played any arcane since Wrath and I don’t plan to.

The mount isnt in my list of possibilities since I do not play my alts anymore - I wouldnt even know where to begin (let alone I’ve never tanked or healed in my whole WoW life).

So I just went for the mog to get it out the way.

1 Like

if you want progress towards the mount arcane is brain dead for the most part, you spam arcane explosion and dump charges with barrage then spam arcane missiles for single target to break shield.

The rest is just doing mechanics properly

3 Likes

I did it post nerf - about a month ago maybe? - and it took me close to 100 attempts. I used no special TimeWalking gear set and no gimmicky trinkets. This was by far the hardest of all the challenges (got the Spelltome mount), which I found baffling because frost mage is my main and has been for years. My kill required an absolutely perfect pull with nearly perfect RNG and two insane burst windows with optimized CD usage. There is no way to get 100% uptime on frozen orb in it’s current state so rotating your snares and roots has to be almost perfect. Obviously was really proud and happy after completing it, but was also kind of blown away by how difficult it was, especially later as I started doing the other challenges and could compare.

1 Like

Thank you, friends for the content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoxUVeUhq8I&ab_channel=magebrain