So... portals are getting removed

Here is a list of items I can think of to help you get around the world so you won’t have to be inconvenienced:

• Anyone can get these
    [Hearthstone] - Any Location you set it to (30 Minute CD)
    [Dalaran Hearthstone] - Legion Dalaran (20 Minute CD)
    [Garrison Hearthstone] - Your Garrison (20 Minute CD)
    [Admiral’s Compass] - You Garrison Shipyard (4 Hour CD)
    [Jaina’s Locket] - WotLK Dalaran (1 Hour CD)
    [Band of the Kirin Tor] - WotLK Dalaran (1 Hour CD)
    [Cloak of Coordination] - Stormwind City (2 Hour CD)
    [Wrap of Unity] - Stormwind City (4 Hour CD)
    [Shroud of Cooperation] - Stormwind City (8 Hour CD)
    [Violet Seal of the Grand Magus] - Karazahn Entrance (4 Hour CD)
    [Puglists’ Powerful Punching Ring] - Stormwind City (1 Hour CD)
    [Boots of the Bay] - Booty Bay (1 Day CD)
    [Time-Lost Artifact] - Timeless Isle (1 Minute CD)
    [Blessed Medallion of Karabor] - Black Temple (15 Minute CD)
    [Argent Crusader’s Tabard] - Argent Tournament (30 Minute CD)
    [Baradin’s Wardens Tabard] - Tol Borad (4 Hour CD)
  • Class Specific
    [Scroll of Teleport: Ravenholdt] - Ravenholdt (1 Hour CD)
    [Any Mage portals] (No CD)
  • Profession
    === Engineering ===
    [Dimensional Ripper - Area 52] (4 Hour CD)
    [Dimensional Ripper - Everlook] (4 Hour CD)
    [Ultrasafe Transporter - Gadgetzan] (4 Hour CD)
    [Ultrasafe Transporter - Toshley’s Station] (4 Hour CD)
    [Wormhole Centrifuge] - Pick Any WoD Zone (4 Hour CD)
    [Wormhole Generator - Argus] - Random Argus Zone (4 Hour CD)
    [Wormhole Generator - Northrend] - Any Northrend Zone (4 Hour CD)
    [Wormhole Generator - Pandaria] - Random Pandaria Zone
    [Rechargeable Reaves Battery] - Any Legion Zone (30 Min CD)
    [Reaves Battery] - Any Legion Zone (1 Minute 30 Second CD)
    === Alchemy===
    [Potion of Deepholm] - (NO CD) - Has a portal to Stormwind insid

^^^ All the engineering portals are TOYS making them account wide and they usually only require 1 point in engineering to use which means you don’t need to grind very hard for them.

These are just some of the ways I personally get around the world and they will work after the 8.1.5 update. A long post that will probably get ignored but I hope some of these can help you. Remember that any of the items that teleport you to Stormwind should teleport you to the portal room anyways as well.

17 Likes

heh…“Raves battery”

snagged it b4 u fixed it ^_~

i’d love a rave device.

also some of these share CD’s iirc.

none of these help you get to Greench (xcluding mage but that can cost u $) during the event.

2 Likes

Many can only be acquired with REP GRINDING, lots of gold and/or insanely long CDs.

In short, while the list is handy, it doesn’t really solve Blizzard’s stupid decision. That and it takes up a lot of bag space.

30 Likes

Now tell me which one of these gets me to the Caverns of Time.

Ill wait

25 Likes

oh and fact paladin get extremely shafted if they wanted to do Legion missionboards. Gotta go ALL the way to EPL to their class hall.

pay friend warlock and 2 other friends 5g to go there and summon you ^_~ (its ajoke but would technically work)

1 Like

Stormwind has a portal to Uldum which is about 3 minute flight from Caverns of Time which isn’t long. The Gadgetzan teleport takes you to Tanaris, roughly 30 seconds from the Caverns of Time. You will have to be an engineer but the schematic is FREE.

2 Likes

Stormwind has a portal to Uldum which is about 3 minute flight from Caverns of Time which isn’t long.

Its three minutes longer.

The Gadgetzan teleport takes you to Tanaris

Gadgetzan is IN Tanaris. What are you on about?

You will have to be an engineer but the schematic is FREE.

Note bolded

10 Likes

Just trying to give a few alternatives of travelling around the world. Not quite sure how a 3 minute flight to Caverns of Time is such a big deal. It would probably take you the same amount of time to hearth to Dalaran, run downstairs and take the Caverns portal while waiting on loading screen as well. Most likely going to spend that 3 wasted minutes standing in Boralus afk anyways lol.

2 Likes

It would probably take you the same amount of time to hearth to Dalaran, run downstairs and take the Caverns portal while waiting on loading screen as well.

Except the portal will be gone soon.

Defend it all you like, its still a pointless, useless and worthless exercise in removing what doesnt need to be touched.

18 Likes

Yeah it does to be honest, but the option is there I guess.

Three WHOLE minutes!?

1 Like

I know the portal will be gone, I’m just comparing the two things. What I am trying to say isn’t coming out right because I’m bad at getting my point across, but Im not defending it. I hate what blizzard is doing, I’m just trying to help people come up with an alternative route.

1 Like

I find it …enlightening…to note that the repeated question as to WHY they being removed has been met with silence.

20 Likes

Fewer options, especially when you have to grind, is never a good thing. It simply leads to plays not doing as much. Which can eventually lead to players cancelling subs.

It’s the variety and the convenience that keeps players in the game. When you start making the variety more time consuming to engage in, fewer people are willing to do said activities.

10 Likes

Right? If you don’t have 3 minutes to fly somewhere maybe you shouldn’t of started said activity in the first place.

1 Like

OP, I’m not knocking you. Your list IS handy. So don’t take it the wrong way.

2 Likes

I’m not, I like what you have to say. Also this list isn’t all the items in the game that can help you travel. This is just what is in my bags right now.

Ok, just wanted to clear that up. Sometimes I can get grumpy. In fact, my stomach is growling. Time to go make dinner. That’ll get rid of one source of grumpy.

Chili beans and corn bread!

2 Likes

Have all those except the Engineering items.

You missed the potion ports though. Been a while since I looked at them, but iirc they are instant cast. Pop, gone.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I have [Potion of Deepholm] that takes me to Deepholm of course. I’m not sure what other potions there are.