So, Pepe Le Pew

Its just making fun of how people mostly aim at harmless cartoons for kids but largely ignore the ones aimed at adults (for the most part, they also complain about those rarely despite well, being for adults)

Somehow those are offensive to the people who watch South Park and watch all kinds of offensive shows. Hypocrite much???

2 Likes

Oh yeah, those people are filled with double standards

2 Likes

Hell to the yeah!

I don’t think the ACME cartoons were either.

Pepe Le Pew cartoons actually were made for adults, as were all of the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies made during the 40’s and 50’s.

These cartoons were made during an era where movie theaters routinely showed double features and had short “intermissions” between the films where you would see these cartoons along with news clips and such. A different era to be sure but that’s where they came from. So these cartoons were actually seen by more adults than kids. That’s one reason why adults can still find them enjoyable today. If they aren’t hyper-offended by trivial nonsense that is.

After cartoons-during-movies went out of style, they were repackaged and found new life on TV. That’s when they found their way into the Saturday-morning cartoon binges that many of us Generation X-ers grew up on.

So to say that Pepe Le Pew was made for children is just frankly wrong. And that also applies to Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, Tom and Jerry, and many others.

1 Like

Well i meant those very cartoons the ones that came out of TV mostly.

When you search, a lot of cartoons actually have quite the dark origin, an example being a bunch of Disney classics, some of their stories are based on stories that are really dark.

Anyway, if these hyper-offended idiots dont like them, then simply dont bloody show them to your kids, its the same for those that blame games for their kids behaviors rather than their poor parenting.

This is very true, and even some of the cartoons themselves from Disney have some very dark elements. I had nightmares for years about the queen from Snow White after seeing that movie as a kid.

he stinks, right?