So N’Zoth is worried

As ridiculous as her existence is in the lore, they’re going with it. They’ve given her a unique model and everything. Lightforged Undeath is a state of existence that is now possible in the universe and it looks terrifying. People say her model is awesome I guess because of her outfit. But look into her eyes. Behind that pallid glow of Light, you see emptiness. There’s nothing behind those eyes except Light and it doesn’t shine bright enough to fool me into believing it’s a new great alternative to traditional Undeath. It looks worse. It looks like a trap.

5 Likes

Undead lore in Chronicles: “The undead are former mortals who have died and become trapped between life and death. These tragic beings derive power from the necromantic energies that pervade the universe.”
So the lore can be easily flexed, however it does mess with the factor to how light hurts the undead because it messes with the resonance of those energies as well as the balance between undeath & life. Though like I stated, if Light made a bargain with Death - They could have had mutual benefits. Light gets Undead into its ranks now, and the Undead now have a force of the universe that allows them to enter the mortal realm with more ease; which is perhaps utilised by other forces of death.

Who knows i dont like light made undead as a thing it is very meh.

1 Like

Lilian Voss could be a/the good undead leader.

Quick question re Calia: wasn’t it her personal choice to be resurrected as undead instead of fully living because she believes it will make her understand her people’s plight better?

because we are useful

that is likely because nzoth is not like his brothers, he is the weakest of them all, but he is also the biggest schemer around. the other old gods would rather kill us, but nzoth would rather use us for his schemes

because we are still of use

1 Like

I tend to agree that it mucks with Forsaken lore. It was the main reason, I was always a bit wary of idea of Forsaken paladins which pops up here from time to time. On the one hand, I like the idea of more options, on the other hand, Forsaken paladins seemed antithetical at an ideological/cultural level to the Forsaken as originally described.

I really don’t get what they are doing with Calia. I remain surprised that they even brought her character back from a footnote as Arthas’ lost sister. I assume that they think that the idea of Light imbued undead is cool and novel and genre twisting. I don’t find it terribly appealing myself.

2 Likes

I say we go witch hunting Odin, after all he is the one that started this “thinning the veil” to the realm of death by leaving his damned eye allowing The Shadowlands to see us too.

Shadowmoon Burial Grounds and Shadowmoon Valley in WoD has Ner’zhul’s Warlocks create Void Undead.

Aren’t most Undead we’ve fought brought back not only by Necromantic Powers but Demonic Powers(due to originating from the Burning Legion) as well according to Classic?

Demonic Magic might be what makes Undead feel pain when exposed to the Light not the Necromantic Magic…

Light Undead aren’t the abominations Lightfel Undead and Shadowfel Undead are.

2 Likes

Moreover, the Chronicles also mention that C’thun and Yogg-Saron were both fierce enemies of N’Zoth specifically. Despite Y’shaarj being the most powerful of them all, N’Zoth had to defend himself specifically from C’thun and Yogg. Powerful insectoid armies waged war in the names of their respective god. Who Y’shaarj ultimately sided with is unclear. He was ripped from the surface of the planet by Aman’thul which created the Well of Eternity or at least the huge wound that the titans had to mend into a well else Azeroth would have hemorraged before the races we play had a chance to really exist. At the time it was titanforged armies vs aqir and faceless armies since the titans couldnt smash the planet with their own fists. Thats tantamount to beating up a baby. Trolls were there but I imagine among all that chaos they were deep in hiding. I suspect Y’shaarj and N’Zoth held a loose alliance of ideals. Given the nature of the Klaxxi, created by Y’shaarj, death and chaos aren’t themes that they embrace. Brutal violence(totally y’shaarj as he was easily the most brutal among them) and manipulation are common war weapons. Sounds similar to N’Zoth. Madness, despair, cunning and the resulting violence are his approach. N’Zoth and Y’shaarj both seek(sought) to dominate while Yogg and C’thun sought to bring about an end using the most destructive and consuming means possible. Is this reflective of two camps within the Void Lords themselves? I believe we will ultimately discover that yes, this is a reflection of the ones who created them and that N’Zoth actually is the devil we know and the lesser of the evils facing us. He doesn’t want to end us, wipe use from existence. He wants to dominate and rule us. It’s easier to fight an enemy who’d rather not wipe you from existence since that would be counter intuitive to his end game, which is the same as Azshara, to rule. When she alluded to him becoming the god of nothing if he didn’t accept the bargain on HER terms, he was angered because he knew she was right and that’s not what he wants. That’s why she’s his “queen” and not his slave.

3 Likes

Xal’atath mentions Y’Shaarj also fighting N’Zoth round the place where the Tomb of Sargeras resides.

N’Zoth is obsessed with Shadow, the Deep, Madness, Fear and according to Il’gynoth’s words: Death and Despair.

Quotes from Il’gynoth:

• Welcome death. Do not fight it.
  • Release your grip on hope.
  • Oblivion offers solace. Take the gift! Take it!

N’Zoth is almost as obsessed with Death and Despair as Yogg-Saron is yet unlike him I expect that just like Bwomsamdi he probably believes Balance is important since he wants an empire to rule rather than be left with nothing.

I guess they’re all programmed to be preoccupied with death since that’s the easiest way to sow chaos and corruption. The Void Lords may soon discover that their preoccupation with sentience even among their servants has backfired via N’Zoth, who will become the Old God who decides his masters are his enemies. He’s so different from the others. His goals are much more complex along with his means and methods. His treatment of mortals. Everything he does is so different from how the other three on azeroth operate. They maybe gave him too much intelligence to go with all his power. With everything we’re learning about the Light and the Void, I’m seeing possibility with N’Zoth. While I will never declare allegiance to him or think he’s the one to save us all, if things move forward as I suspect they are going to, Ill be more than willing to work with him the way Azshara does. N’Zoth may become the Breaker of the Void Lords.

IA! IA N’ZOTH!

N’Zoth fears Sylvanas just as much as the Void Lords speaking to Alleria so N’Zoth seems to be in line with his masters. They even outright panic at the idea of the end of all realities!

The Void Lords are a big mystery since the Chronicle only states that they and their creations the Old Gods are composed of Void Energies and that they are Dark Spirits. The Chronicle doesn’t even say the Void Lords are ruling the Void! That’s how little we know the Void Lords!

1 Like

If they are ruling the void they’re definitely the most powerful thing in the wow universe because ruling THE VOID takes massive power.

Sylvanas is a big mystery. Why did she send us to free N’Zoth? She knew exactly what she was doing. If she’s his enemy, why does she want him freed? This story is a lot deeper than most of the story in the game these days and I’m thankful for it.

1 Like

I agree. There is something wrong with the Light Created Undead … just as there is something wrong with ALL forms of Undead. Traditionally, in fantasy, Light Based undead exist … but do so in some form that akin to Mummies (not zombies). Mummies are increadibly powerful undead, but they are riddled with their own types of problems … and those wrappings on her hands … they scream mummy. Calia may end up with her own Brand of Undead AR (in fact I suspect it at this point) … but Blizz has NEVER shown Undeath as a cure-all for Death before (and I expect nothing less from Calia’s twisted form either).

Are we even sure it’s Calia and not a Light drone using the memories in her brain to masquerade as her? The Light is totally fine with mindless servants. Check out alt draenor. They might as well be mindless. The naaru outright lie to them. The Light has as much “respect” for mortals as the Void does which is absolutely none.

2 Likes

Or Maby the Naru have an overdrive state similar to stars. A state where they go from stable and good to extreme good (so good their evil) to the sickly dark star status we seen in WoD.

Has anyone noticed that Infestation of Madness(N’Zoth’s manifestation controlling the Makrura in Nazjatar) tells the Player:

Infestation of Madness says: If you insist on being a puppet, then at least let me pull your strings.

Something is pulling the Players’ strings and it’s not N’Zoth.

I don’t think Death and Undeath are the same thing at all. Death and Life are part of a natural cycle. Undeath violates that cycle.