So many players buy gold off 3rd party website

QFT!!

Blizzard just needs to deal more harshly with botters and exploiters rather than their, “Here’s a slap on the wrist for a few weeks/months. Now learn your lesson and then come back and pay us some more money, please.” system that they currently have in place. Would set a far better deterrent but as it would impact their revenue stream, I cannot see it happening unfortunately.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Have you read this thread?

1 Like

Because I learned how to read in 1962.

1 Like

What do you mean how?? You perma ban them. Who cares if they buy another account and start all over. If they buy gold again you ban them again.

The current player base can hardly be arsed to level up once in TBC, let alone have their gold they paid real money for stripped away and forced to start over. People who are too lazy to earn their gold in game aren’t going to be doing that more than once. But if they do, oh well.

There were private servers that had a great solution. They banned gold buyers. They went a step further and posted their names on their website. They banned bots almost instantly and had active GM’s monitoring starting areas and dungeons and favorite botting sites. As a result, they had little to no botting or gold buying problems.

The token isn’t a solution AT ALL. Retail is proof of that.

2 Likes

Incorrect.

1 Like

K so you don’t know and you’re just guessing.

WoW token pricing goes up and down all the time based off of how many people are spending real money on them as well as how many people are buying them with gold.

This is how it works in pretty much every other game that has the system as well (EVE, Runescape, Archeage) and Blizzard just copied those games for their system.

If you took 10 seconds to google you could realize instead of typing up a post about it.

4 Likes

I didn’t say the token price doesn’t fluctuate, it obviously does. You misunderstand the mechanic however. The players have absolutely zero control over the price of the token, it is set solely by Blizzard.

The price fluctuates purely based off of player demand, not off of some guy at Blizzard changing it every two minutes.

You’re right that people can not manually set the price, but whether they buy or sell still impacts the price and that’s how it is determined.

And the reason for not allowing manual pricing isn’t any conspiracy about Blizzard wanting to control the prices themselves, it is so when people spend money on a WoW token they’ll know how much they will get (as well as facilitating people selling tokens between realms).

3 Likes

The only way to make it worse. I personally know people who have been banned (various reasons) and have went and dropped $300-$400 to buy a maxed account, then spend a few hundred more on gold for it. The only way to combat this cycle is to stop it before it happens. Level 58 boosts will discourage account buying. The WoW Token will discourage gold buying, thus diminishing the need for bots and gold sellers.

1 Like

And no, this isn’t how it happens, but nice try. I’ve played on multiple private servers for multiple expansions. Bots aren’t a problem because theres no market for it. Why is there no market, you ask? Because every private server has a cash shop, they just cut out the middle man and you can buy what you need straight from the private server itself. Guess what? The WoW token is a lesser extreme version of that.

I’ve played pservers for years, not once have i seen a mod, a forum where botters were posted, nothing. The most I’ve seen is a wrath server which will announce in-game when someone gets punished, and its for ‘Ninja looting in dungeon - 7 day ban’ or some pointless garbage like that. Don’t make up scenarios to fit your own agenda.

2 Likes

Why Is It Bad To Buy Gold I am a rogue if I go to the level 70 blizzard server I will not get a raid spot If I am a rogue because a guild will not Invite a rogue to the raid The rogue Does not do Good dps In the raid So I should be allowed to buy gold so then I can go to a raid and buy the gear with gold this game is pay to win I do not Want to Waste Time In a Pay To Win Game Blizzard should not ban me If I Buy Gold On A level 70 server Because A rogue Will Not Get A Raid Spot In The Level 70 Server So then the rogue has to buy gold to get gear from the raid So If you are a rogue then you should be allowed to buy gold on a level 70 server Because You Will not Get a raid spot in The level 70 server If you are a rogue You Will not get invited to any raid If you are a rogue if you are a raid leader will you invite a warrior to the raid or will you invite a rogue to the raid you will invite the warrior to the raid the warrior will do more dps in the raid than the rogue I have to buy gold because the raid leader will not invite a rogue to the raid I am a rogue I am doomdragon the rogue I will farm you in this game

TY for your insight actiblizz employee.

3 Likes

Wall of text crushes you for 387468398 points of damage.

You die…

Is this like a bad Google translation or something?

1 Like

In the future we will form militias that will hunt down and terminate these thieves.

It’s exactly how it happened. Nice try. If you actually played on a decent private server you’d know this.

Ban people for purchasing anything with RMT including accounts, leveling services and so on. PROBLEM SOLVED. It’s not rocket science.

No it won’t. If it did retail wouldn’t be lousy with bots and RMT as we speak. Also not rocket science.

1 Like

Bliz hasn’t been able to figure out a way to ban all RMT in 15 years. What miracle technology do you have that fixes this problem? I’m sure the entire gaming industry would be willing to pay you a lot for it.

1 Like

They’re hiring one MILLION Game Masters!

Such ignorance. Banning people just promotes account and more gold buying. Its been happening all throughout classic and will only get worse. Its not rocket science.

Retail has substantially less bots than classic, because they have a token. Also not any field of science.