So just to be clear Horde AV

This right here is WHY rath strat is crucial to horde, they WILL outrace us if we turn AV into a pve race.

ok this one is a premade on premade and in not sure what expac but it starts correctly and horde pugs can STOMP alliance premades who are not on their game with the same strategy.

Resources are irrelevant it’s about controlling the choke points and the GYs while you burn towers.

Just ignore everything that happens after they wipe em on galv in this video.

Once you do that you need cap teams in the north on GYs and burn towers and roll north, when you wipe them hard at galv and iceblood they will lose morale and break, that is when the honor farm starts.

you do realize that AV in classic isn’t going to be any different than AV in retail right? this isn’t 1.5 AV we’re getting. which is what the AV event is. this is after all of the nerfs and removals of things.

Well, there won’t be reinforcements, those were added in like tbc

we have people in these threads talking about how they can’t wait for a 6 hour AV. those people are gonna be super disappointed come log in time. that’s all i meant. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, that ain’t happening, they should have put in 1.5 av lol

the real difference between now and then is horde didnt defend like they do now in av.

like i said same game but different players then back then.

That is what PvP is about. You want honorable duels, there’s dueling tournaments and Arena once TBC is released. But for BGs, the goal is to crush the opponent. Same as in world PvP. Its just that BGs are fair, in that the numbers are equal.

i’m pretty sure the queues for horde will suck but if it’s even a fraction of retail players playing AV in classic alliance will get stomped. lol

It’s effective with or without resources, because the choke points are still in the same places & the towers are still the same geometry either way. It just takes longer without resources. Basically anyone who played a whole lot of PuG AV in vanilla through BC knows: wipe Ally at Galv = Win, Race ally to end = Loss. There’s no really effective way for Horde to efficiently farm honor in AV.

There’s a webpage somewhere that keeps track of battleground win ratios by faction. They are all pretty even, within 5 to 10 percentage points or something like that. The ratio of Ally wins to Horde wins was always fantastically out of whack…like 15% horde to 85% ally or something along those lines. Without getting into the details of what the actual imbalance was/is…there’s not really any way to look at that type of ratio without knowing there’s a problem somewhere.

1 Like

get the heck out talking about arena. that’s the most imbalanced type of pvp in the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

there isnt battle groups its realm based so one know how the queues will go.

no it is NOT realm based.

This guy get it, horde needs to counter punch to win av, and we are GOOD at it when we try, like 99% win rate good and that is NOT exaggerating, we race we lose we fight we win.

it’s region based. so all of NA will be in the queue.

thats what i mean region.

Horde wins 9/10 times in Korok’s Revenge, but the queue times are 20-30 min while Alliance only have a to wait a minute or two.

i don’t know if you can merc it though. if you can then the classic queues will be even longer than that.

Yeah.

All through BC, we’d que AV as a group of 5. The rest of the horde would do their typical zerg north, our group plus the 3 or 4 others that followed would wipe the 15 or so at Galv then tap Snowfall & backcap towers. Ally ends up in a turtle, 30 Horde players start yelling about capping snowfall…and 20 mins later, Horde W. It was glorious =D

I have always been a proponent of letting them have snowfail, let em trickle in to iceblood for easy honor for the defense teams while the battlepacks are burning and pillaging in the north, but back capping snowfail behind them CAN be done at the right time for a epic GY farming experience.

Biggest thing is 5 mans who que in need to back cap towers and burn towers while capping GYS not run north and wait for towers to go in on boss, that will never work for horde. So step up and carry the alliance rerolls to victory, especially for the first few weeks guys, we might can retrain them!

And defend galv and iceblood.

Doesn’t single level-range mean 51, 52, etc. ?

No in classic AV was for 51-60 all other bgs should be on this patch x9 so 10-19 20-29 etc, except av in the 60s where 51s go to get farmed by full raid gear 60s.