So is this the end of the Physical Collector's Edition?

Before I go buying the expansion… anyone see any notes about a physical collector’s edition of The War Within?

I would hate to see my collection come to an end now :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Nope it will be offered on the blizzard shop later

always is

1 Like

But it always says that on the new webpage… it does not this time.

Not at first it will take a few days before they announce it

Don’t they do the thing where you get Blizzard balance for the say Epic Edition cost if you later add the Physical CE key? So you can Epic now and then recoup the cost using the balance for tokens or other shop stuff.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry over this, the announcement of a physical release always lags behind the initial announcement.

2 Likes

That’s how’s it’s worked in the past

They should go the route of Diablo 4 and offer the CE without the game so we don’t have to wait for the CE to show up before we can play. OR upon purchase give us a digital code

1 Like

I just saw that Diablo one on the shop. That would make sense.

Thats a good point, they might actually do that. I really liked that with D4. I just hope we get confirmation with what will go on before too long

They sort of do that now. Both SL/DF shipped out 3-4 weeks before launch day.
Might not be as early as some of us want, but it’s still better than the old days of waiting for Gamestop or Best Buy to get it in stock and needing to wait for launch day to get it.

And technically? The physical CE hasn’t come with an actual install disc for some time now. It’s literally been a box with physical goodies.

2 Likes

Holy cow!!! Thank you!!! I forgot about this, and still have until Dec 31 to open/redeem my Dragonflight CE for credit!

1 Like

Hell no what a terrible idea.

Just don’t buy the preorder and get all the rewards like everyone else does, when your box arrives (at the latest) a week before launch.

Or buy the epic and then get credit later.

But it still came with a code. They are saying to not include in the box at all which is terrible.

1 Like

Any word on if it’s been announced yet?

the world is all digital now

As usual, don’t expect word on it until about 2-3 months before launch. Prior to making the CE exclusive to the Blizzard shop, there were retailers that wouldn’t even take pre-orders on it until they officially had a date for it in their system due to the expense of the CE versus the standard version.

Assuming a November 2024 release, expect orders for the CE to open up on the Blizzard shop around August.

I got into WoW at the end of Cataclysm. I have bought every expansion thereafter as Retail Collector’s Edition.

I expect the same for The War Within. I check GameStop and Blizzard Gear store regularly for any information.

With expansion after expansion there is STILL so much I have not done and that list grows with every expansion. lol But, yeah, I love WoW and I play as often as time permits.

:coffee:

1 Like

I’m still a little bit bitter about my DF CE. The package said it was supposed to come with a set of pins. Mine didn’t. The Blizzard Gear Store was entirely unresponsive. Their customer service is HORRIBLE and does their level best to never get back in touch with you.

Probably not, so long as enough money can be made to justify their creation. I imagine we will continue to see physical CE’s in some form.