So is there any "reason" to grind renown/rep in Dragonflight?

Title.

So some months back when they initially announced that Pathfinder would require Renown 15 on “all” factions I quickly dusted off an old/throwaway Human alt for the +10% reputation bonus (in anticipation of the upcoming grind)

Started grinding the reputations for a few weeks, but then suddenly they backpedaled and announced that the Renown requirement was being removed - the Human alt’s renowns stand as follows…

• Dragonscale Expedition: 17
  • Iskaara Tuskarr: 15
  • Loamm Niffin: 12
  • Maruuk Centaur: 16
  • Valdrakken Accord: 19

I guess my question is, am I “missing out” on anything by just abandoning this alt again and letting it go back to collecting dust? Anything worthwhile from maxing out Renown?

…or am I good to just put this throwaway Human alt “back on the shelf”?

I suppose I’m just double-checking that there isn’t some “omg i just GOTTA have that!” goodie or item for getting to max renown. But if there isn’t such a must-have item then it’s whatever to me

Nope, not really other than a few dragon customizations, transmogs, toys, pets, mounts, crafting recipes, and side quests…

It’s up to you if any of that is actually worth it. I have had them all maxed for almost a year and I still haven’t purchased most of it. (excluding the newer factions of course, but I also have those maxed)

2 Likes

What Nikolo said and you’ll need renown on hunter to tame specific DF pets. You only have to do it once on one hunter to unlock account wide for other hunters.

:panda_face:

Does it “have” to be a Hunter that gets the renown? Asking because this Human alt isn’t a Hunter lol… don’t feel like regrinding rep all over again on a Hunter, even if it’s just 1 specific faction :weary:

Dragon customization, thats about it really

If you do wpvp or any open world content, not having this at 23 puts you at a big disadvantage in damage. At rank 23 you can get the dog which increases your damage by 50%.

Yes, sadly it does. I had to do renown twice.

Iskaara Tuskarr 30
Valdrakken Accord 23
Dragonscale Expedition 25
Loamm Niffen 9 if you want to tame the rock mice. (each hunter character not account wide).

These renouns are for specific DF pets.

:panda_face:

Or just open up your wallet to Blizzard and boom, renown grind is done. Spend money, always spend money, never stop spending money.

no, its stupid, there’s no reason.

first expansion i’ve not hit max rep and i have over 100+ at exalted.

nobody got time for that nonsense anymore.

1 Like

Backpack transmogs and mounts for mount achieve rewards

Green fel birb and ghost otter are bis

The new emerald dream ghost mounts and raptorsabercats are neat too

Free stuff.

The things that offer a gameplay advantage lose that advantage over time, such as the free enchanted wyrm crests from Fyrakk + Renown 20 didn’t affect the cap so was best to use those while spending your Wyrm/Aspect crests on Champion/Hero/Myth gear to allow you to max out your gear faster. Currently, the cap is getting to the point where you can skip straight to using Aspects on Crafted gear without feeling the impact of the cap unless you have a lot of Myth-path gear already.

Only reason I do renown on my alts is for the various +profession knowledge levels (and doing the weekly Aiding the Accord quest is something I can bang out on my lunch break)

I suspected as such, but was curious anyways since sometimes there’s the odd “must have” item/toy/recipe/etc locked behind either Revered or Exalted

I notice reputation/renown was pretty chill to grind back in Shadowlands, back then it was still the legacy Friendly —> Honored —> Revered —> Exalted progression track and it was a “one and done” thing where once you hit Exalted it was over

But then for some reason (trying to squeeze us for more /played metrics?) they switched the system over to this super-grindy “2500 reputation per 1 level of Renown” that ends up being like 2-3x the amount of grinding :roll_eyes:

…and it’s even worse because before in the pre-Dragonflight times WQs would reset/refresh daily (which meant faster grinding of rep), whereas their new model in DF is WQs that reset like once every 3 days. So trying to “farm” reputation is literally slower now

The tuskarr backpacks and mounts are nice, shikaar horns are useful in open world content (particularly world PvP), if you want to get into professions you’ll probably need renown, and the Zaralek Cavern and Emerald Dream weeklies still give gold so unlocking the maximum renown bonuses is definitely worth it if you have a lot of alts

I mean if you just play it’ll happen. Stop calling it grinding unless you’ve been doing every single world quest etc. It was important for crafting but now not so much.