So is Camping Flightpoints the Meta?

I knew I would die a lot coming to a PVP server, and in fact it was fun to have pvp skirmishes leveling up, but ever since phase 2, there just seems to be constant horde camping fps. Is this the new meta for honour grinding? Like I literally have seen the same horde camping Morgan’s Vigil for the last 2 hours.

3 Likes

Camping Chokepoints that the other faction HAS to pass through in order to get where they want to go is the meta.

Flightpaths are the best chokepoints.

Boats are also amazing chokepoints.

The BRM entrances are big chokepoints.

The road to DM is another chokepoint.

2 Likes

So I can assume that Morgan’s Vigil will remain camped by raid groups for this reason indefinitely? You are not worth honour when you first exit a flightpath right? Is this about honour or just killing for the sake of it?

Here’s a tip: Don’t fight back - I know it sounds horrible but for 25 seconds after you land you are worth no honor, if you hit them it goes away. If you are going to die anyway you can at least give them nothing for it.

6 Likes

Guess so. Battlegrounds will not stop this will it? The groups doing this are not doing it for the honour right? If it was for the honour I would assume BGs would help alleviate it.

Probably not - projected queue times are estimating a 25-40 minute wait for BGs from team red…

The boats are so amazing its a shame we have no equivalent, with Zepps being problematic for so many reasons. Holding the Menethil boat looks like a ton of fun, single point of entry, frost trap control with no way past it, terrain advantage, narrow passage onto the ship, and force-fed resurrections for those who fail----with a corpse run that is JUST a little too long to get back before the ship leaves. Amazing farm potential and a decent guild holding it can do so w/ far fewer numbers than it takes to get it back

1 Like

Speaking of horrible advice and life choices.

@OP, as soon as you land, charge, hamstring, fearbomb, engineering bombs. Empty your arsenal and give those fp camping nerds everything you got.

If they have 25% hp and you have 2% hp and they jump down the hole in searing gorge, jump down the hole with them

Intercept them all the way down to the depths of hell

Screw imaginary internet honor points. It’s about sending a damn message.

2 Likes

New? Not at all. It is very classic.

Oh my god I was cracking up at the horde on the boat.

They would sail in, slaughter everyone in the vicinity, then retreat back in time before the ship sailed away.

It was a pirate ship!

1 Like