So is Assassin just gonna sleep its way through balance changes?

They lowered Garrote damage, but they then buffed Sin with an AoE Hemo…not to mention Sin rogue is insane now that a ton of specs just got nerfed. I really hope we aren’t going back to some disgusting RMP Meta…can Rogue be trash tier for like an entire patch? For once?

28 Likes

No way they slip through.

The AWC Qualifiers just put the biggest target possible on their back.

The nerf bat ookering is coming!

18 Likes

Sub/Fire being the best comp is preferable to Assa/Arcane outcleaving cleaves.

10 Likes

What has your gnome seen that has her looking so perturbed?

3 Likes

My face has been stuck like this since taking a oneshot shield slam from a prot warrior back in WotLK.

Never recovered

21 Likes

I guess my question is how many times do you want this cycle keep happening? Assa has already gotten some much deserved damage nerfs that made a lot of overtuned comps/classes strong into them, which also got deservedly nerfed. Assa is always going to excel in slower metas and when they play with a strong caster. We generally struggle in melee cleaves, which has kind of been the meta so far.

You’re saying the base toolkit itself needs to get touched?

3 Likes

There are a few issues with assassination.

Their tier bonus is absurd, easily one of the most powerful.
Deathmark does WAY to much for one button, and synergizes insanely well with almost all of the rogues other talents.
The ability to easily spread bleed pressure AND heal reduction pressure via wound poison. Imagine if aff locks got an MS effect tied into their kit.

I am not saying all these things need to be nerfed, but I feel like they are the biggest offenders.

This is false currently.

2 Likes

If nearly every team in this week’s AWC has an assa rogue, there’s no way Blizzard is not nerfing that spec before next week’s AWC.

Blizzard wants to showcase a variety of specs. Not tons of mirrors.

4 Likes

The 4pc is the biggest culprit, probably just needs to be halved in PvP.

I’m not convinced Arterial Precision is a problem, or that it’s even the optimal talent build, since you lose a lot to get it.

I’d prefer if the damage profile was rebalanced a little bit, but that’s likely a major patch change.

1 Like

Who said anything about arterial precision? I know no one takes that.

The OP did!

RIGHT YOU ARE!

I missed the thing about AoE hemo referring to AoE shiv

Yah that isnt even remotely the issue.

2 Likes

A lot of people are actually including myself in top6.

You can play it and 4poisons in same build: BMQAAWulQAmRd/c4Iy2r7VOUFAJSCikUSAAAAAAAkAgkAAAAAAAIFkQLJkkkkSKJJRAJJJJA

Aoeing a swift army knife 30k hit, 30% improved tongues, 84% snare, and hemotoxin is insane. It also smart aoe doesn’t break CC.

Also the damage modifier on aoe shiv breaks even with shrouded suffocation for garrote damage and is available more often than running out of shadowmeld/vanishes for big garrotes.

You play the bonespike old build into mirror and things that’ll never stack ever like mage lock.

Unfortunately sub has just been a spec to cheese noobs instead of being well rounded since legion rework and outlaw is most fun, but has no burst and too much ramp up time. So it’s this version of pve rogue rogue playing pve comps in pvp (including rogue mage rotting people) for probably the whole expansion no matter how many times it gets nerfed.

If I had to pick a nerf though I’d say just delete hemotoxin or make it magic dispel-able if they ever do a pass at reworking honor talents for everyone. As well as flatout removing tongues/mind numbing mechanics from game as they are buggy and also increase globals/nerf dots. Flatout disabling tier is nice too for making healing less stressful, game more accessible, and having PvP be less tied to PvE balancing / design.

14 Likes

Interesting. I do feel that the AoE heal reduction on top of the bleed damage is probably the biggest issue with assassination right now.

Deathmark feels really rough but there is counterplay to it.

I do agree that constant wound poison with the option to put a big MS on everyone is too strong, but I am not sure if just hitting one will fix the problem.

I like the remove hemotoxin idea or make it dispellable, but that still leave two targets with a big MS rotting down.

I think what I would like to see most, is tone down the bleed damage as well as remove the ability for hemotoxin to AoE (primary target only maybe), I am not sure simply nerfing tier will fix this. Keep hemotoxin as a single target MS and tone down wound poison. Then put some damage into their single target (this might require a deathmark nerf I dunno). This might be to much, but I strongly feel the massive AoE pressure they put out is the major problem.

I also dont like how strong deathmark is, it synergizes way to well with everything else in the tree. I hate playing into rogues, and have played one myself quite a bit. Unfortunantly I chose the wrong spec this expac and having to regear assa feels bad.

You would know quite a bit better, you are much more experience and play at a higher level then me. I do tip my hat to you that you acknowledge assa needs some tuning as well!

My experiences this season are also only in solo shuffle, so I think that’s definitely a fault in my perspective. Melee cleaves have, until this week, felt really bad for me to play into. Getting damage out while not dying to cleave or being trained seemed pretty difficult.

I also just got my 2pc this week and I haven’t been watching AWC, so I’ll defer that the tier bonuses might be too strong as well.

Deathmark can get removed by a lot, so while I think it’s strong I think a lot of comps have reasonable counterplay to it. You’re probably right that the wound poison + hemo is a lot going at once.

Nahj’s build seems really strong, and I guess losing the 10% from Improved Poisons still makes the 4 piece feel fine? Getting Zoldyck’s also seems like a really strong way to end games.

I guess at the end of the day I feel like Assa rogue is just going to always excel in slower metas/longer games, but y’all are right we probably have too much going on for us all at once to make that worse for everyone else

The funniest part of all of this is that the only spec that can at least somewhat counter assa is SV hunters but there are like one and a half of those in the world, lol. Even more funny is the fact that the only SV hunter in AWC plays thug with a sub rogue and haven’t really lost a series against an assa team so far, unlike melee cleaves of way stronger specs that keep getting rekt by them.

4 piece is feeling really strong. I haven’t tried an aoe build with arterial precision and the set but maybe I should considering most game players are clumped together in solo.

Not my experience, very hard to go into a Dh/war/dk/feral/ww. Won some lost some but by no means is it a walk in the park.

1 Like

An AoE hemo that increases damage taken by 20%.

lawl. Dreams are nice aren’t they?

Disc is really good again. Sin rogues doing unheable damage. Frost mage sleeper insane right now. :skull:

1 Like

Assa Feels Great!!!