So, if they are going Blue side Red side

Not just the Darkspear, but Trolls in general. People forget that Night Elves killed far more Trolls in their bid for land and power than all those on your list combined.

And The Night Elves brought the Legion on themselves. They were so busy basking in the glory of their Almighty Queen, ignorning the genocide of the Trolls as long as it got them land and power, that they failed to see the giant demon in the corner.

So why give them credit for fixing a problem they created? Hell, the Legion didn’t even know where Azeroth was until the Night Elves let them in the front door.

Not to mention, the only way to fix the problem was to break the world an dkill how many countless sentient beings?

A problem so big, that the only solution to fixing it was blowing up the world.

But yeah, they are the victims of the world.

2 Likes

There is a discussion to be had there yes … as with the Draenei.

On the other hand, I am unsure if it is supportive of the Red Kalimdor idea or not but … did the Horde just release a bunch of SUPER invasive species into the continent when we rescued the AU Mag’har? Pretty sure I recall Saberon, Botani, Gronn, Ogron, and even Goren being seen (those things are going to breed like crazy on a continent with no natural predators).

1 Like

As far as I know, AU Draenor is a dying world because of all the crazy time crap. It’s post-apocalyptic now. So, releasing anything is a moot point.

It’s only a matter of time before the AU Draenei come to our world.

1 Like

Yeah … strangely it is one of the plot threads I’m actually still interested in.

On the other hand, I dunno … I feel like bringing a bunch of the Draenor native species TO Kalimdor is bound to fundamentally alter the natural environment of Kalimdor. Like the Botani alone are going to be terrifying (and don’t try to tell me at least a few of those buggers didn’t try to smuggle in some magnasaur cores).

2 Likes

The difference there being we already have natural predators to all those things, not to mention a very populated planet.

By the time we got there, there wasn’t very much of anything left. It was about as barren as you could get and still support life.

I say the N.Elves would take either Hinterlands or Duskwood considerin’ there are Emerald Dreamways located there.

I kinda want to see the Forsaken move into Dustwallow Marsh and build over the ruins of Theramore. Bet the Nightborne would have some means of soppin’ up all that Arcane energy into somethin’ useful.

IF a blue EK and red Kalimdor is the goal, then I would like to see at least small outposts in enemy territory to give the PC quests were they do Cold War style, covert ops to keep up tensions between Alliance and Horde… but never escalates to the crap we see in BFA.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there also something to do with Murlocs? Or was that just some BS from the old race segment that Spuddyc posted.

Can’t really blame the horde cause both the Orcs and Mag’har would also be considered an invasive species as would the Dreanei on Ally-side.

Botani, huh? With the Alliance and Horde too busy fighting Sylvanas’ stupid war we should have some Genesaurs popping up soon in Ashenvale, Darkshore, and Feralas if not Fellwood as well. Maybe even Desolace and the Barrens if the regrowth stuff is still going strong. The quest chain in Shadowmoon in WoD showed it didn’t take too much and could be done under the eyes of the Dreanei involved with the Iron Horde as a distraction.

Not sure if the Gronn, Ogron, and Goren can grow the Magnaron like the Botani can with Genesaurs. I can easily see them infesting Stonetalon.

Was any of the Arrokoa there?

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s when they are having to evacuate from the Darkspear isles

Nope, that was the Highborne. You know, the elves that became the Nightborne and Blood Elves? Not all the Night Elves in general. That would be like blaming all of humanity for the arrival of the Orcs on Azeroth because of Medivh, or the Draenei for the Eredar joining the Legion.

The world could recover from that. If the Legion had their way, everyone was going to die.

Eh, honestly, I’d be worried about the Botani most of all. Remember the Evergrowth dungeon? Or worse, the Botani portion of Chronicles 2 and Gorgrond?

3 Likes

I’m counting on it. I want to see the alliance’s reaction when Yrel comes in, super nice and happy to see everyone, and then tells them they need to eradicate the orcs.

3 Likes

Seriously, I feel like THIS should be getting more attention. The Botani are released upon Azeroth! They are a pestilence, an incredibly invasive plant species … one that is absurdly dangerous (even in the small population that survived the Lightbound purge of Gorgrond).

By all indications, if we really are looking at a “Red Kalimdor” (or Mostly Red) … its taking the form of a new Dreanor in many ways. Hell, the only Alliance race thats likely to stay within that continent in such a hypothetical future are the Draenei (convenient that).

2 Likes

Not even then. They know exactly what the Botani are capable of, and would likely gtfo. Not to mention that Botani are massive consumers of the Spirit Element, which is why Aggramar had to step in and create Grond just to ensure Draenor would even survive. Imagine what they could do on Azeroth.

1 Like

Yeah … its downright terrifying. The Botani are nightmare creatures … there is bound to be a reckoning of even that small a population making it to our world.

2 Likes

Yeah, that storyline had better be part of a world revamp/new expansion.

Thrall/Velen, seeing the Botani on Azeroth: “WHAT THE LITERAL HELL DID SYLVANAS DO?!”

4 Likes

How much do you want to bet that Blizzard completely forgets all about what few Botani came through the portal with the Mag’har? Would such a thing be interesting storywise? Sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s yet another little thing Blizzard just tosses aside.

5 Likes

Ogronns i think joined the horde alongside the mag’har and gorians (And a few Gronns as well). So i wouldn’t be to worried about those guys messing with the Draenei outside of the obvious Horde vs Alliance things. The Saberon and Botani however…

Well the Saberon really shouldn’t be a threat any more severe then Centaurs, harpies, Furbolg, or Quilboar, the Botani are gonna be very, very dangerous to Azeroth, especially since we were idiots and didn’t burn the Genesaur that attacked stormwind.

1 Like

Thats one of the missed corners of WoD. The Botani is literally the growing pit for the Cenarion Circle. BUT The Botani were confronted by the Kirin tor and not any druids. It was a missed Mountain range for a Malfurion/Hamuul storyline.

1 Like

Uhh… Can anyone translate?

Massive Missed opportunity and squandered player subscription time…