So, if they are going Blue side Red side

Then I think the Night Elves should get Tirisfal (after the mages clean it up). They can grow a new tree over the lake near Tyr’s resting place.

And give the Forsaken Darkshore.

Both races tend to enjoy darker atmospheres.

Because honestly, I’d much rather the Night Elves get Tirisfal than those dirty humans from Stormwind or Gilneas. And I’d really like to see a true Forsaken city, complete with their architecture, I always loved Forsaken architecture.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t there some kind of force in Trisfal that drove the first batch of elves to near madness? Or was that source destroyed in one of the Artifact quests in Legion?

1 Like

Yeah. The Shadow Priest weapon quest goes over that. The entity there had been dead quite some time, but some of his evil remained. So it shouldn’t cause the Night Elves any problems.

Nothing a World Tree couldn’t fix anyhow.

1 Like

I haven’t heard them mention this Red Kalimdor/Blue Eastern Kingdoms theory in a long while, and Darkshore would suggest that they’ve abandoned it wholesale.

If you ask me, that’s good. I don’t want big uncontested continents gentrified by lifeless faction holds that will probably be forgotten come next expac. It would make Azeroth grow stale.

11 Likes

It’s kind of already grown stale. We need another Cata style makeover, we’ve been in cata state longer than vanilla.

Blue side red side would be a good way to go about that. I know it isn’t much of a possibility, but since when has Blizzard ever been good at keeping us updated on their thoughts?

4 Likes

Nah. The faction war is already forced as hell, geographically forcing it would be artificial and stupid honestly.

Whoever came up with the Red Side Blue Side idea should talk far… FAR less.

9 Likes

It would be pulling away fromt he faction conflict. If each side has their own continent, what real reason do they have to interact.

Silvermoon is very well placed and protected. And The Draenei areas are too far away to be of any real value or threat to the Horde.

2 Likes

You’re doing this by taking the proper home of two different sides away from two large populations of the playerbase, which would either go completely ignored or leave the door open for a future faction conflict - both of which are horrible outcomes if you ask me.

Better just give the land back to who owns it. Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken, Darkshore belongs to the Night Elves. I’m really not interested at all in a world where the landmasses come in single colors.

10 Likes

You do realize that forsaken are also dirty humans, right?
The dirtiest by the way.

And isn’t forsaken architecture just…not cleaning anything ever?

2 Likes

There’s also a Tim Burton thing goin’ on. I mean, I love Tim Burton’s artstyle, but it pales in comparison to how much Sylvanas apparently likes it.

1 Like

I mean … if we really are going down that route (and lets consider it a twisted thought experiment) … then shouldn’t the NEs get Western Plaguelands; Eastern Plaguelands; and North Eastern Hinterlands? They are about the only peoples in this world that could actually take the once breadbasket of Lordaeron and turn it into a verdant landscape again anyway. As for Tirisfal Glades … I sort of expect a Calia Brand Undead AR to end up there if one surfaces.

Give Silverpine and the western portions Hillsbrad to Gilneas; Give Alterac and the Eastern Parts of Hillsbrad to the Wildhammer; make Thoradin’s Wall the sort of Borderline between a Forming (very nature oriented) Northern Alliance; and the more traditional Alliance to the South.

3 Likes

But why?
Why should we care about the plaguelands? Its just more human lands with zero connection to Elune and the Well of Eternity.
Its like asking the Blood Elves to move to Tanaris and leave the Sunwell exposed to some deranged monsters.

9 Likes

I don’t know … I was just toying with the central thought experiment of this thread; nothing else. IF we are going to play with the concept of a “Mostly” Blue EK (lets just set Kalimdor aside for now) … then what would it look like? In that case, then giving the NEs some serious territory (far removed from the cultural contamination they’d get in SW; but VERY close to the two Alliance cultures they’d likely get along with) seems to have “some” logic in it.

Also … this has sort of bothered me (side tangent). Isn’t “Kalimdor” technically the name for the original supercontinent of Ancient Azeroth? I get that the word means “Land of Eternal Starlight” … and that the current continent of Kalimdor was named after it; but by techincality shouldn’t ALL of Azeroth’s current remaining landmass be Kalimdor? Shouldn’t Elune therefore have a connection to all of said lands (outside of active worship)?

3 Likes

It was a C’thraxxi. The Arms Warrior artifact quest chain involves killing it as it tries to wake up. And I believe the Shadow Priest artifact quest chain involves sucking up the remaining power.

Anyway, there are a lot of potential options if they really want to give the Night Elves a new city. Though, given their historic view such as Warlords (where they didn’t want to make new hubs and just used Stormshield/Warspear) and major cities (portal hubs in Stormwind and Orgrimmar in Cataclysm) and neutral cities (Dalaran in Wrath and Legion). I mean, not sure they’ll bother unless those places are the hub of a new expansion (like Zandalar and Kul Tiras were. Or the Shrines of Pandaria).

Also, I think it might be more interesting if the Gilneans retake Gilneas and give the Night Elves a place to stay there. Helping pay them back for the years they gave them a home.

2 Likes

Is Gilneas inhabitable? Last I heard of it was that it was inhospitable for some reason. I assume Plague fallout but I really don’t know.

Battle for Gilneas takes place there. And in A Good War, Sylvanas makes it sound like it is viable for them to retake it.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/673330.jpg

This wouldn’t make much sense if it couldn’t be.

1 Like

As much as I would love to see the Night elves take a alrge portion, if not all of the plagued and blighted lands of Lorderon and turn them into Verdant forests. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth know what would become of Darkshore and Ashenvale. Two of the last remaining true night elf lands turned into plagued and blighted pits. So I’ll pass on that.

1 Like

Hmm … I wonder about that. I cannot figure out for the life of me what Blizzard intends to do with the Forsaken NEs … which is why I’m sort of bummed that nothing came from that datamined Velanora side-story (since I had assumed it might have had something to do with them). However, I do sort of a shift to them to some degree in 8.3.0.

1 Like

I’d love to see them betray Sylvanas right at the height of her big plan coming to fruition. At least show that Wardens, Sentinels, and Priestess’s can’t be turned so easily.

5 Likes

The Night Elves should get THE MOON!

Which, means the Alliance gets the entire moon. Which is good, because the Draenei are also going to need a new place to live.

Which is fine, because the Horde already basically owns Broken Isles.