So if Horde AV cave was moved back in TBC

I’ve had worse =P

I mean when he switched gears from the claim that the 1.12 announcement got cheers from everybody, to “well I knew that everything was going to be 1.12”, I began to see him as bad faith.

This is also true, but it wasn’t apparent until the horde paladin pop at Max level caught up. And then it took awhile for Blizzard to respond, which should not be surprising.

I wish we could get a 40v40 premade of av. No bubble pulling drek. Have them play each other 50 times to get a sample size and see the results.

The reason why the Horde starting position was deemed unfair was because in this map the horde and alliance meet near Balinda.

Galv was literally on the other side of the FoS. THIS IS WHAT MADE THE CHANGE BE REQUIRED IN BC

In a system where killing Balinda / Galv nets you a hefty amount of enemy respawn number reduction, IT IS IMPERIATIVE TO ENSURE that the initial balance of where objectives lie and where enemy forces naturally meet is significantly closer to even due to the fact that the death of either of these two specific things literally causes the map to favor the horde.

The main issue with current AV is a combination of the following

• Alliance players GG GO NEXT as soon as they lose a major fight
  • More Alliance players AFK from the start vs Horde players
  • Alliance plays have VERY LITTLE DOWNTIME between each AV game

Now if we want to talk about ACTUAL MAP ADVANTAGES

Alliance map ADVANTAGES

• EVERY set of friendly tower archers do tons of damage to horde forces. They are nigh unavoidable if the Horde is rushing towards SH so when the alliance meet them near Balinda there is always some softened targets to pop and enforce an initial numerical advantage
  • SHGY is closer than IBGY where the two factions naturally meet. This means that if your alliance friendlies die it is easier to corpse rush the death ball (err skirmish)
  • DB area has 2 current entrances just like FW, the main difference being that DB zone has a fair chunk of NPCs that will aggro and shoot the horde to death if they are not extremely careful aka not be the first person to charge. I had my bear tank with 11k armor and 7k HP buffed get half healthed when running in bear form from the bridge to the DBNT
  • Horde Tower archers are a joke and are largely avoidable
  • Frostwolf region NPCs are largely avoidable

Horde Map ADVANTAGES

• Time between starter cave and defending Iceblood region is shorter than Alliance. This means that the alliance have to fight a bit harder after the initial push, where they had the advantage
  • Alliance has to fight harder than horde after initial push to not lose ground
  • Killing Balinda is slightly easier because of ability variances between Balinda/Galv
  • If the Horde wipe the Alliance at the initial meeting then there is a much larger initial reward (ability to potentially camp SHGY, easy access to IWB/SHB)

Now the real debate is about if it is worth it to place the initial Alliance/Horde meeting location in the northern FoS or not.

Another thing to remember is that by pushing the FWGY further South like you are demanding you then give the Horde an advantage later on in the game instead of at the start after the initial clash. The FW encampment walls are easily jumped.

Am I missing anything?

Really the Alliance objective is/should be to defend SH/Bal hard with a team trying to cap SF. after SF is secured they then move to Galv SF is hot garbage for the horde because it puts you FURTHER away from SH.

If you do this with a smaller than 5 man team running caps in the FW zone you take tons of pressure off of your main D+O units because Horde has a slightly harder backtrack while defending.

The Horde Objective is staged to be meet @ N FoS and win the initial Balinda/SHGY fight because its all a defensive attrition if you don’t

Outside of this though, Korrak’s Revenge should have been the base map for AV in classic. The additional NPC’s completely remove any perceived advantage/disadvantages that are ‘skewed’ one way or the other.