So, I watched the new hearthstone trailer

Liadrin uses wings to leap slash at Arthas. Why do they keep doing this? If summoning a horse out of nowhere for a split second of movement would be lame in a cutscene. Why is that what you give us in wow for our gameplay?

Why is it that tuns of major lore paladin such as Tyrion, Turalyon, Yrel and now Liadrin have a leap. Even lesser knows characters such as Captain Fareeya do a major leap as their movement or attack.

If I drag up cross universe stuff like D3 Tyrael, Imperus, and crusaders all have some form of charge dash leap.

Stop with the stupid horse already! You won’t even make it practical in game so stop showing us that every other example of what paladins are supposed to be can leap and fly around to be more bad@$$ while we get derp my little pony.

25 Likes

Because this is a trailer and not an ability animation in a game. They are very different things to make.

Why make a depiction of a paladin doing something a paladin can’t do in any shape or form? Arthas and death knights can do everything they showed. Why are the paladin’s abilities just out of whole cloth made up?

7 Likes

Divine Steed has always and will always be the lamest thing ever. Just tie movement speed back to Judgment.

9 Likes

You are telling me everything they’ve depicted a DK doing in any WoW media is also castable in the game?

Raising dead, summoning a dragon, and remorseless winter were the only things until this came out. Forgive me but they can do all of that in game to one degree or another. Now we only see howling blast. What are you thinking they can’t do?

2 Likes

Arthus has millions of undead under his command how come Unholy dks only get one? Arthus created banshess like Syl how come we dont have any serving us?

Ive seen pictures of paladins with staffs how come they havent given us those?

Do you see the point im making? They dont want paladins in WoW to have a charge, Warriors are the classes with charge. While i agree to them having to fix divine steed a charge is not the way its going to happen.

To compare the dragon arthus summoned to the single ability dks get to use that has it breathing is a bit of a joke dont you think?

Dks can summon and raise undead; not being the Lich King doesn’t negate the fact that DK’s can do that. You not thinking Frost wyrms furry counts doesn’t change the fact that it’s a dk ability that can be used.

Seeing a picture some place you can’t even reference is not the same as promotional cinematic animation that’s supposed to advertise the game and using premiere classes as the draw.

It still remains a fact that right now in game pallys are the only melee class that is losing mobility in dragon flight. Every other single melee and even some range got more movement and paladins got shafted.

Do I believe this cinematic is meant as a direct showcase and parrel? No, I don’t. However, the irony is very strong that they keep showing off things paladins can’t even do. Especially when it is a sore point of what we wanted from talent trees.

4 Likes

Perhaps you haven’t heard of the spell “Army of the Dead” it’s a few more than one, a few short of millions also absolutely, but that’s to be expected.
It’s still the same ability, and it’s disingenuous to say otherwise.

It’s a little bit different than simply not having anything relatively similar at all.

DKs can also summon their zombie dragon class mount at will.

“What are you complaining about, you got Seal of the Templar, aren’t you happy?”

Blizzard laughing in Acrobatic Strikes/Astral Influence etc

7 Likes

They have to be avoiding a Holy Wing charge because other RPGs have beat them to it, and do it better. Rift created a Paladin wing charge way back when WoW was young, and it always felt like WoW avoided comparisons to some of their abilities.

It’s the same now with Final Fantasy XIV; the Paladin charge effect is just dope. WoW will likely avoid doing it, because it pretty iconic to Final Fantasy now, and taking more inspiration from Final Fantasy may draw additional critique and comparison, like FF’s Holy Blade spells (the original), vs WoW’s version (Blade of Justice).

2 Likes

Blizzard is famous for stealing ideas. It almost policy at this point.

Why would they care who did it first?

1 Like

“why am I not the Lich King?!”
This is all I see. Also, Army of the Dead? Is a thing? Pretty sure they didn’t take that away from you, or pretty much anything else? Unlike what they’ve teased Retribution with…

We got Seal of Mercy guys, we’re doing amazing. The most impactful talent in the WHOLE GAME!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Warrior heroic leap with AW, easy. Of course Blizz can do it :expressionless::disappointed_relieved::angry:

2 Likes

kinda off topic: did she just use holy shock? omg that looked amazing. i wish we had animations like this in game. also i guess i’m the only one who likes divine stead.:joy:

Yeah, back in the day they did it mercilessly, but it seems they’re slowing down a lot more over the past few years. They’re still living down their “Wakanda Forever” moment ( :rofl: :laughing:), so I don’t see them jacking anything for a little while longer.

Hey now, you’ve forgotten both Seal of Alacrity, AND the Holy Crusader “Talent”!

2 Likes

I’m old enough to remember when they stole the AOE looting coding from SWTOR.

I was playing LotRO and WoW at the same time back in the day, and when WoW suddenly had phasing areas, that was nuts. It felt like such a jack move, but very few people ever mentioned it until later down the line.

I kept waiting for them to do the same to Rift, but Rift flipped it on Blizzard, by taking the Talent Trees and making them S class material. I truly believe that if they would have fixed their combat to feel more impactful, I think Rift would have won. Their dynamic events, customization, and class offerings were very potent.

1 Like

Warriors will get salty :joy:

All the MMORPG companies rip each other off.

The thing that makes Blizzard so successful is that even if other companies sometimes have better/more cool ideas…nobody can touch Blizzard on polish.

That’s what makes people jump over to “the next big thing” but not stay there very long.

2 Likes

More importantly, why does Liadrin have normal eyeballs? Frick that is weird looking…

2 Likes