So I saw a Wrathion Heroic Parse try out DA/DB without Demonic

The build was this:

Class: Demon Hunter

Spec: Havoc

Talents: Demonic Appetite, Demon Blades, Trail of Ruin, Soul Rending, First Blood, Fel Eruption, Nemesis. (2211232)

Azerite: 3 Furious Gaze, Chaotic Transformation, Thirsting Blades, Eyes of Rage.

Essences: Formless Void (I’m guessing they used Condensed Life Force), Focusing Iris, Memory of Lucid Dreams, Breath of the Dying.

Corruption: Infinite Stars R7, Expedient R3, Strikethrough R3.

That’s actually a first I’ve seen a DH not use Demonic. Discuss.

Discuss what exactly? You’re giving us the spec but didn’t tell us how it performed.

1 Like

It’s on WL, Heroic Wrathion.

I mean, it’s Heroic, and on a fight with substantial downtime. It’s an absolute garbage fight to analyze DPS on.

That kill was also only 42 seconds long, with 9 DPS and 1 tank. Near 100% uptime on lust, ~2/3rds uptime on Meta, and 80% uptime on Furious Gaze. This was a meme build purely for ranking, for fun. Demonic loses value on such a short fight, since Meta is already up near on the entire time. Demon Blades gains value because of the extreme amounts of haste the DH had (while Demon Blades doesn’t really scale in fury generation any better than Immo Aura, once we hit the GCD floor, it does start scaling better, because it has open GCDs to fill with more Chaos Strikes, meaning the GCD floor is less of a drawback for that build). She was also running 123 Corruption, something that clearly wouldn’t work on any real fight.

This build will not stand up to the Demonic build on a longer fight.

3 Likes

TY for clarifying.

Also with the way things are atm with corruption, the worst build in the world has the ability to rank high if you get lucky with IS procs, or other corruptions with rng to them.

1 Like

Ya, speaking of, that DH got 7 IS procs in 42 seconds. It’s 2 RPPM. Even with 150% haste (6300 haste rating between gear, procs, and Furious Gaze, plus meta (25%) and lust (30%)), it should only have proced ~3.5 times in that duration. So she got lucky as hell on IS procs. She also got lucky on crits, with 43% of those ID procs critting, but only ~30% for other abilities (and only 24% character sheet crit chance).

There are other talents in the final tier besides Demonic?

… I hadn’t noticed.

2 Likes

Just an advice: disregard Heroic parses. They do not reflect the actual viability of a certain build because fights are over before 1min.

Even some Mythic fights coming forward may be disregarded some weeks from now due to ludicrous amounts of corruption people will be able to stack. We were never meant to achieve this much power creep, but corruptions are propelling everyone miles ahead than what they should be.

Corruption was a mistake and the game has been broken.

1 Like

I cant wait to finish gearing out my demo lock and fill him with expedient, have an army of 30+ demons and go to shadowlands and be lucky to get 9 demons.

1 Like