So I guess the level squish is official now

Ahahah… pandas are so funny.

Either squish the levels or add the old talent system back in. Preferably the latter.

1 Like

And I wish I was joking, as I think a level squish would be a horrible idea. Unfortunately, I really did get such a survey, and it really did talk as if a level squish is already in the pipeline.

But since they appear to be A/B testing people’s willingness to pay for a boost, they may also be testing reactions to the idea of a squish.

1 Like

Posting links from OP.

25 Likes

Hi all!

I was just given a survey and asked the same questions as OP. I only screenshotted the first question, however I was given a follow-up question that was exactly the same as OP’s. Enjoy!

imgur. com/a/PV11B42

(Blizz won’t let me post links for some reason, so you’ll have to remove the space between the . and com) :grin:

10 Likes

FYI, if you can’t post images, you can post the links as quoted text so people don’t have to edit them.

Ahhhh dang, tried to edit it and it didn’t work still. :roll_eyes:

Most people don’t seem to know that trick - it’s not really super intuitive, IMO - which is why I like to share it.

So is this legit?

I believe so!

The survey is legit; I like to hope the survey QUESTION was badly phrased and should have been “may be a level squish” rather than “will be”, because I have no faith in Blizzard’s ability to squish levels without breaking the first 90% of the game.

29 Likes

This is going to wildly upset the playerbase. I guess it’s hard to count over 120? The people who support a level squish think it will reduce the time to level, but it won’t. It will just make every level take longer.

Obviously they are planning this. What a mismanaged mess this product has become.

29 Likes

I will believe it when I see something official.

4 Likes

I, personally, am really excited for an intense level squish. New players complain about the level cap being really high because it seems like it’s entirely unreachable. While the levels will take longer each, I think it gives a better first impression to players trying to get into the game.

14 Likes

If leveling speed is the same, it will probably be worse for new players.

13 Likes

Agreed in full! Plus for everyone else, it’d be nice to have leveling be a key feature of the game again. After all, why limit the game to mostly endgame?

4 Likes

Yep.

Unfortunately this thread is based on speculation…

1 Like

The new players are scared off by the big numbers. I’ve struggled to get my friends into the game because of how daunting the task looks. I think a smaller number with more play time per level will make it a little easier for new players to digest.

3 Likes

Because thats how MMOs work.

You level to get to end game. If leveling is a key feature of a game, that means making alts is a key feature of a game. And while Alts are great for people to enjoy them, they shouldn’t be a key feature of the game.

But new players will lose interest if their levels take forever. New players often leave games before hitting max. Not due to “oh man, that number is so big”. But more due to not getting a steady supply of initial rewards.

Currently levels go fast giving a constant state of getting something done.

4 Likes

The wording of the question makes me believe it’s official but yet to be announced. Holding out hope!

1 Like