So I guess assaults are capped at 370 still?

How so? Incursions rewards are nothing to do with PvP gear or Warfronts. So yes, it is entirely irrelevant to the topic of the thread.

2 Likes

No, it wasn’t relevant. The thread is about the ilevel of assault gear and whether it’s bugged or intended.

I’m not the bitter, angry one, good sir. And if you keep it up, someone is going to get irritated. I don’t want you getting a vacation for this. That would suck. hugs

1 Like

it’s… kiiiiiiiind of on topic. but only slightly.

As an aside to all of this… I’m hoping that the ring we could purchase with the medals will be upgradeable later on.

The thread was about the ilvl changes of assault gear, someone pointed out other ilvl gear that did change. I was adding to it pointing out the alliance’s free heroic raiding gear is also heroic raiding gear for this raid tier as well.

The Nazmir assault is giving an Azerite cache to Horde, and even the 370 gear only has 4 traits. So that’s interesting…

That’s because it’s an assault piece and not an emissary piece.

No, it should scale. I think you have to be over 380ilvl for my shaman has a 385 azerite chest piece. Let me check for incursion…

Definitely not, my dude. I’m 382 in bags and I still got a 370, but a guildie that saved their azerite armor emissary that was only 380 got a 385 from their emissary

No, not unless it works on a different scale than Emissaries. The Emissary I had saved instantly jumped up to 385 when the patch went live and the Assault I did several hours later was still 370. Assaults weren’t mentioned in any official announcement discussing scaling content, that was an assumption on the part of the community.

1 Like

It did mention assaults on Wowhead, some clarification now would be nice.

I’m thinking that was just them kind of assuming since it would basically be the same content as doing an emissary.

My favorite thing about it is Blizz just added these incursions in 8.1, and a month later made them almost completely pointless to do :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah I could have sworn I read it somewhere that assaults were going to scale up, but everything I read yesterday and today doesn’t mention them.
Maybe it changed or maybe I’m remembering wrong(along with many others).

1 Like

Yeah, notes I’m finding on official page versus everywhere else is different which is stupid.

Knowing this expansion it might as well be a bug. I was hoping for the new azerite 5th pieces more than anything.

Guess not though.

Doubt it’s a bug. If anything, it’s just Blizzard “forgetting” to change something in the coding again and they’ll hotfix it in 2 days when more people catch on and call them out on it.

Yeah, tell me how to play. Would you like to pay my sub too? Shut up.

1 Like

Wowhead may have assumed. This says nothing about assaults.

Uh… calm down there, sir. He was offering another reason to do them. Which is a good point. Medals have value. No reason to flip out on him and get all insulting.

Legion assaults never scaled. BfA assaults remain as an avenue for leveling alts so they aren’t completely useless.

There’s profit in ambiguity.

Didn’t they mega-nerf the XP you get compared to Legion assaults though?