So I guess assaults are capped at 370 still?

New assault in Nazmir has just started, still only offering 370 gear.
This is the second assault to be active in season 2.

1 Like

I am guessing people around the ilvl 370 mark are supposed to just sit around and wait for the warfront gear bumps them up high enough to make these worthwhile to do. Strange game to only provide content for a few hours a month.

Assaults are staying 370. Emissary items can scale to 385 though.

Not there in person but checked with guildie, same thing. And some people would say that it wasn’t explicitly stated that those would scale any higher, apparently lots of people including them content creators were under impression that it would indeed scale. Mass confusion or a bug?
Meanwhile Mok, perhaps you can try submitting a ticket, that might yield some resulTs I hope.

Then they can change the rewards to the new Warfront’s gear? Because they are locked to Honorbound/7th Legion Season 1 sets, I assume that is why they are also not getting the extra ring of traits, making them entirely worthless
 Or at least making it so the “Azerite Armor Cache” it rewards isn’t locked to Honorbound/7th Legion Season 1 pieces, like the item implies it shouldn’t be (same item ID as the one used from WQs and Emissaries, that CAN get other items)?

EDIT: Wowhead even has the 5th ring traits on their site for these items so
 don’t scrap em yet, I suspect a hotfix will be flying in

1 Like

Best part, the 370 azerite gear you get from them is still only 4 rings. So much for the comment they made about “After jan 22 the azerite armor will have 5 rings as long as it’s 370 or higher” or something like that

3 Likes

Yeah def sucks, doesn’t even have the extra ring, Ive been using them for conquest so I dont have to sit in 30min bg queues and service medals

You do them for the medals not the gear.

I’ve watched numerous youtube videos where they mentioned the assaults were going up to 385, but absolutely zero blizzard stated evidence. They did state emissaries were getting boosted to 385 though. So yea I assume they’re staying as is.

I guess a lot of us figured since assaults were new to 8.1 they would scale up for season 2. Looks like they will remain an early catch-up for alts at this point.

1 Like

Don’t forget alliance are getting 400 ilvl gear free every week now instead of 370, too.

1 Like

The thread that used to be stickied, said assaults were going up as well. Actually reading it again, I guess you are right. They labelled it world content but never specially mentioned assaults in there.

Yea, that’s the thing I can find numerous things alluding to it, but nothing specifically saying assaults. Disappointing but I’ll do them anyways xD Gotta save for the moonsaber mount.

I’ll say this again (not that I’m in favor of it being this way). Assaults were not ‘specifically’ mentioned scaling up to 385. Seems like most folks including content creators just assumed because ‘technically’ Assaults are considered WQs too.

What’s ‘specifically’ mentioned is only WQ Emissary rewards and this part has been confirmed in-game already.

You need to stop. Not every thread needs spammed with something irrelevant to the topic because you’re obsessed with this issue.

Yeah, I just went through the thread and can’t find mention of assaults either. But as someone else stated, we do get medals for them, so there’s that.

2 Likes

It was relevant to the thread. Eat a snickers, buddy.

How so? Incursions rewards are nothing to do with PvP gear or Warfronts. So yes, it is entirely irrelevant to the topic of the thread.

2 Likes

No, it wasn’t relevant. The thread is about the ilevel of assault gear and whether it’s bugged or intended.

I’m not the bitter, angry one, good sir. And if you keep it up, someone is going to get irritated. I don’t want you getting a vacation for this. That would suck. hugs

1 Like

it’s
 kiiiiiiiind of on topic. but only slightly.

As an aside to all of this
 I’m hoping that the ring we could purchase with the medals will be upgradeable later on.

The thread was about the ilvl changes of assault gear, someone pointed out other ilvl gear that did change. I was adding to it pointing out the alliance’s free heroic raiding gear is also heroic raiding gear for this raid tier as well.