So, Human and Orc Heritage armors are finally revealed

I’m not disappointed with the orc armor at all but look at the chick’s right boot. What is that? Unfinished is what it is.

10 Likes

The heritage armor - in general - has a plate-vibe to it more often than not.

2 Likes

The orc heritage armor looks fine, but I would’ve preferred it in red. I would’ve also preferred it to be either be based on the Doomhammer armor or have a wolf theme to it.

As for the human heritage, I think it looks nice too. Very much Varian inspired. The helmet is a bit iffy, but I don’t think it ruins the whole set.

3 Likes

We can give our orc bodies red paint and with that armor it will pop.

Err I have a few orc alts.

Pretty much the honorbound, and 7th legion warfront sets. Ok for the folks that were never able to get those back in BFA. I stick with the exiles reach starter island garb armor tbh.

Why is it Varian themed if Anduin isn’t in Dragonflight? :thinking:

Gunna be showing people whos boss of this gym

These are terrible. The Orc one looks decent enough, but it doesn’t feels orcy enough, imo. Looks like it could be a tier set for Warriors or Hunters.

The Human one is just terrible. We have enough stormwind colored sets.

6 Likes

“Chick” Don’t you mean Body Type 2? :thinking:

4 Likes

“Can you tell me the difference between this picture of the Human heritage armor set and this picture of the 7th Legion plate armor set?”

“It’s the same picture.”

5 Likes

No.

Soon humans will have a stormwind guard armor set for every day of the week!

10 Likes

Human armor will look better on the male, the female plate always looks like a mess.
The Orc armor is pretty great though.

1 Like

My god it’s hideous.

The human set literally looks thrown together from two different sets. It can’t decide if it’s plate, mail, or leather, or if it’s got gold or silver trim. The armor placement looks terrible (chestpiece over the tabard? gauntlets just kind of floating next to your hands? giant mail thighs?) and the leather parts are utterly bland. Not to mention, we don’t need more Stormwind sets.

As for the orcs, it’s just some meme about “oh, it’s the Horde, we put spikes everywhere”. It can’t decide if it wants to be a grunt loincloth or big stompy plate set, and it doesn’t seem to realize that doing both just makes you look ridiculous. And its color scheme is basically nonexistent. I didn’t think it was possible to actively look worse than the Orgrimmar redesign but you managed it! At least you get a skull?

And to think, this is what people have waited all these years for. :pensive:

9 Likes

yeahhhhhhhhhhhh… no.

this just looks like barely reworked warfront sets

5 Likes

4 Likes

Heritage Armor sets have always been about the overall aesthetic and perception of that race. They are not necessarily going to fit everyone’s class or taste. Human and Orc ones are going to look ridiculous on a caster. The Blood Elf ones is great for Paladins and Priests, would look absurd on a Rogue. The Worgen one would generally look absurd on any class. They are meant to emulate what people think of immediately with that race/culture.

That human set is genuinely amazing, even if it has more of a warrior vibe when people generally associate humans with paladins. You can also tell they tried so hard to make it distinct from the Arathi Warfront sets. My only human character is a warlock, but I’ll use it on her anyway.

The orc set is orc-y enough, I guess. Just enough spikes, it doesn’t look too similar to the Mag’har sets, and it reflects that some orc warriors prefer being lightly armored.

I think the human armor looks pretty badass. What’s the problem? Is everyone just wanting full bright neon flashing rave gear now?

4 Likes

See the face she’s giving? Even she’s embarrassed of it.

3 Likes