So how are people insta killing with convoke again?

That’s literally what me and my guild have been saying.

RNG is fun … getting deleted in 0.75 secs because of RNG is no fun . That’s why corruptions sucked at the end of BFA.

Some maps are basically unwinable against 3-4 boomy comps. If week spread we get deleted, if we stack we REALLY get deleted. There are 4-5 classes that have some serious burst but none have the sort of aoe that can break a raid in 4 secs.

2 Likes

Boomies are literally getting picked for 1 ability . Try telling the RBG lead you have not picked NF as a Druid . You will be out in no time .

And that is the major issue. Covenant ability should not be so strong . Stronger than your burst setup with baseline abilities . We see the same problem to a lesser extent with ‘The Hunt’ .

1 Like

They should’ve made covenants cosmetic only

They got most of the covenant abilities done well… it’s just couple of outliers . And they were warned repeatedly about Convoke during beta but for some reason they never listened and it went to live .

Convoke doesn’t actually target people. It’s proximity based. And to really mess people up, you want the world boss conduit which gives an extra 21% damage during the duration of it.

Then you wanna isolate someone. So you wait for people to misposition, waste a kick on something dumb like a clone and then convoke someone who’s alone so all of the offensive spells go on him. Good players will try to counter convoke by stacking and providing more targets, or in the case of windwalkers, saving a set of clones for it. In addition to kicking it, stunning it, etc.

The reality is it is good no matter what and that is the point. You cast it into a full 10 man rbg and the healers are oom and cds trying to heal through it, then someone is a bit low and they get targeted for a takedown. There is straight up no ability that is the same. Chain harvest is like a ‘whoa shoot - that hurt’, but its a one and done that can be healed through. I play with people that are like ‘yeah im feral in pve, and I don’t know what to do outside of convoke, but I still get a spot and I still kill plenty of people’. Anyone who defends it is a hack.

I think the politically correct term is, “It is working as intended.”

Honestly, feral druid convoke doesn’t bother me anywhere near as much as boomkin because there is a fairly easy way to counter it without too much of a problem. That being said, I also do not participate in rated battlegrounds. I’m an arena person, not an rbg person.

That said, I do not agree with convoke’s implementation, but I don’t think it’s incapable of being countered either. Boomkin convoke is, in my opinion, much harder to counter, but it is being nerfed somewhat come Tuesday, so that’s good.

Convoke was deleting pets on its way to do stun, it was stupidly overpowered.

Do people read the patch notes? it says in pvp situations…they’ve had a good track record with correcting over tuned stuff in pvp recently?

also in this thread, people actually defending convoke, even when it’s dumb at the highest level in tournament play in the AWC lmao

2-3 bad arenas in a row and “Oh NoEs It’s Op!”

From a druid perspective, it’s garbage. More so from a feral perspective. I’ve won more games on the back of my own skill than I have to any ‘one shot’ mechanic. You know what is a one shot mechanic? A ret paladin with the right conduits and legendary, they literally hit one button and can pop 30K+ damage in one GCD.

2 days ago I played 2-3 hours of arena, ONCE in that whole time I got a proper convoke that done enough damage to kill someone in one shot, and that was the last game we decided to play since we were on a winning streak, every other game I would pop convoke and nothing. Go against a discipline priest? A shaman with fleshcraft? A paladin? Absolutely anyone who has an interrupt of stun? Even when I was bubbled, a mage, a priest and many others, boom my convoke was useless.

You have to have a degree in applied mathematics and the right addons to be able to understand when is the right time to use convoke or it’s just a waste of a GCD.

Not so much.

The problem with your argument is your framing it in the sense of what people can do to you to stop it, rather than what you can do to facilitate it.

In other words, within a 3v3 scenario (which is what the game is balanced around), you have another dps and a healer with which you can coordinate, and should be coordinating. In order to facilitate the convoke so you can do the maximum amount of damage on one person, you should be positioning properly so people are brought into a disadvantageous position, and then cross-CC so that other people are put into a position where they cannot stop the convoke while allowing you and your partners to have a coordinated go.

Convoke is far too much value for what it is, but that’s not the important part. The important part is facilitation of the druid so convoke can do what it needs to in order to make convoke’s variables line up to get done what it needs to get done. Rather than frame the argument about what the enemy does, you should frame your games in what you can do to facilitate what you do and how well you perform.

Exactly, highest level play. 90% of this game has no idea how to use convoke at the right time, they rush in and press a button and hope the enemy dies. I would 100% much rather have a spell that does not have a cast time, but unfortunately for PVE it’s the best spell for druids hands down, but a fair margin, it easily does 40-50% more damage than the other 3 covenants.

Nerf it into the ground if they must, but what they really need to do is now that we have data from months of gameplay, balance all covenants so they do the same damage and make them all some form of instant cast rather than having a cast time.

Fleshcraft needs instant cast, door of shadows, convoke and whatever other cast time spells there are all should be the same instant cast. And that means changing convoke so it’s more like Adaptive Swarm, casting 4 spells instantly once every 30 seconds rather than 16/4 in 2 minutes.

Than they can balance them better, like 4 lesser spells for convoke, no full moon, no feral frenzy, just 3 basic damage spells from your spec only and one healing spell, problem solved, no more ‘one shot’ mechanic.

1 Like

That seems pretty reasonable to me, i’d agree with that

I’ve seen a video ,I will wait and see but like I said before Blizzard doesn’t have a good track record on it being only for pvp situations.

died before i could even spot the druid. 2 starsurges for 13k each and 1 full moon for 18k on top of the other crap he casted. thats with 25 percent vers. so ya, if crap procs just right, u fall over in .5 seconds. I died so fast, said in the logs i died but it was still recording damage lol

It’s in the notes, they’re just removing full moon being part of convoke in pvp situations against players.

So i doubt it’ll effect pve. Unless maybe the duel boss in ToP idk

1 Like

Convoke is the only thing that can defeat Chuck Norris.