So holy pally is kinda dog right now huh?

None of this sounds true anymore aside from a stun, which an hpriest will have. Kre frequently from safer range.

Maybe when gpie and poly were more threatening but aside from their CDR spell fire mages cast as much as ele shaman I feel.

Mages and limited mobility? Huh

We were talking about hpal firemage synergy in shadowlands.

Would you say this is stronger than demo/spriest? I was playing every game just spamming immolate as it got dispelled on global p much.

with hpal? In my opinion yes. Reason being is you can close out games really fast with hoj off coil and then a rep off fear while 400k bolts are in the air.

If the enemy healer can spam dispel horrify himself all game it means you guys werent doing enough damage.

1 Like

It was a MM/arcane cheese max ranging us around the map all game lol guess I shouldn’t count it. My spriest couldnt get his VT up. Hpriest had 250 dispels

MM definitely needs to lose the xtra range.

id say alot of this still holds true today, the fundamental synergies are still there

historically hpal/fmage/x is really like r/m/x, in that in any given meta replace the x with what ever and you’ll always have a r1 viable comp in any given meta.

hpal/fmage just isnt nearly infamous as the r/m combo

To piggyback off what he said, I believe Destro HPally is actually good. From my experience most teams run at me and try to kill me. But when you have a destro lock if they go the destro it allows you to heal and you can do alot of gos and the instant cc with rep after the hoj off coil is deadly. Most ret wars will run at hpally but if they forget about the destro they get punished. Demo feels bad to play with. Destro feels bad to play into fury warriors with. The self healing of affliction helps alot into fury warrior comps.

I played 8 hpals this season and it seems OK. it’s balanced around immunities which makes it OK. there is a setup to it and it’s pretty garbage outside of:

--------
arena
--------
4-7% haste
67% mastery (or higher) around 70% feels good or worth the WOG global))
32-35%ish crit
26-27% vers
------

------
BGs
------
7-10% haste
65% mastery (or higher) WOG globals don’t matter too much because you have more healers))
30%ish crit
26-27% vers

I usually just swap between haste or crit trinket if I’m doing arena or BGs. hpal play is way more calculated in contrast to the other top healers where you can just press buttons and everything is ok (outside of tranq, SL totem, Ecomm, etc).

I completely disagree with people using BM trinket on hpal just to live. I think that’s a garbage survive mechanic and in general, a lazy design to bloat the health pool. it’s better used on DPS but unfortunately, in general, they can’t give up the haste from the alacrity trinket so again, there’s really no choice in WoW’s current iteration.

in general, the mass of people enjoy being dumbed down and told what to do because it’s “best”. this was never really what MMOs were about but I suppose that’s another convo for another time.

/shrug

Yea holy pally and discipline dont feel that good when you compare them to prevoker and rdruid right now… they are mid in shuffle because of the fast games, but 2s and 3s i feel like they need some small buffs to holy shock and penance.