So... Heritage Sets/Weapons

Which core races do you think will be getting the next ones after the eventual Worgen/Goblin? Also, do you think Heritage Weapons will come soon after that?

As for my opinion, it’s very unlikely that Humans, Orcs, Night Elves, and Forsaken will get the next pair, given the Warfront sets could be seen as racial sets, and Dwarves, Tauren, Gnomes, and Blood Elves already got theirs. That just leaves Draenei and Trolls as the next pairing, since Blizz apparently forgot Pandaren exist.

As for Heritage Weapons, a fair number have already been datamined, and honestly, I want them to be a thing. I mean, the Nightborne and Void Elf ones look amazing, plus, it’s a serious pain to find anything that matches the Heritage set unless you’re a Mag’har (Wod stuff), Zandalari (Zandalar questing and dungeons), Gnome (Mechagon and Engineering), or Kul Tiran (KT Questing and dungeons).

2 Likes

I still think the warfront sets arent quite like heritage sets, as they still require lvl 110 and such, though thematically, i do agree with you. They shot themselves in the foot with that one.

The main part I love about the heritage sets is that you can mog them on newbies once you’ve unlocked them. So they’d either have to make a new colour of the warfront sets as heritage… or… yea… I dunno.

2 Likes

Warfronts being heritage armor makes zero sense. Any races can use it.

I think human and orc should have theirs though. It’s like the two main races.

4 Likes

Hence why I said “racial” and not “Heritage” when speaking about the Warfront sets. That said, yeah, mechanically, they’re not Heritage sets, but they are racially themed, which could prevent them from getting a Heritage set sometime soon. Very likely, they’ll be pushed to the back of the line, especially Humans and Orcs, as they already have so much racially-themed armor.

Well the Heritages fit Humans, Orcs and Forsaken perfectly, Night Elves though? no so much if im being honest.

Also as Worgen/Goblins got brought up, why weren’t they released with the updated models? PR wise this would’ve been the best time to release them as a combo even if locked a week from eachother.

They weren’t ready. I’m glad they didn’t rush them in.

1 Like

Not sure why, honestly. Could be a multitude of reasons, such as trying to figure out a Heritage scenario for Worgen (Remember, they are the result of a curse that can only be transmitted through a bite or scratch, how do you make a scenario for that?!), or a design of the armor (What exactly counts as a “Goblin” style?)

I can get behind that but at the same time given HOW long the Worgen/Goblin models have been waiting to come and i constantly call out Blizzards bluff of ‘we plan months to years ahead of time’ that means they would’ve known about Heritage sets giving them years to plan it :stuck_out_tongue:

Also for Worgen picture the pre cataclysm model and turn that into new armor simple as that, more scraps of cloth and bindings perhaps, there was a model created between pre cata and beta cata that was a combination of the old and new worgen models which had that as armour pieces before it got changed to top hats and monocles.

I like the heritage sets, but as mentioned: any level can equip them.

They really seem to be everywhere and lost a lot of value with saturation.

Mainly because a lot of low-levels have few choices when it comes to transmog, and the Heirlooms look like crap. Why wouldn’t they mog into the Heritage set?

2 Likes

Goblin and worgen
Darkspear and draenei
Pandaren

I’m not sure if or when we will get human/nelf/orc/forsaken sets. The warfront sets kinda cover that. But we will see.

I’m still very much hoping this set will be the Night Elf Heritage armor:

8 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, it’s cool and thematic, but I hope like heck not. There’s enough slutmogging going on with Night Elves as it is.

They sort of covered troll over the years and mist was mostly panda/troll styled sets along with the remake starter clothes of monks for wod salvage.
My guess human orc and draenei then another rehash for troll panda.

I have a feeling the Goblin set is going to be awesome… There is so much they could do with the Goblin fantasy theme. I’m hoping for a steampunk type of look, I’d roll a Goblin in a heartbeat…

Yeah I agree. I’m pretty happy with the Nelf warfront set. Only took 15 years to get a decent Nelf armor set.

Same here. Love the mail set. JUST NEED TO GET THE BOW AND GLAIVE FOR MY NELF HUNTER…

Idk. BUt I’m still wondering why the Org, and Stormwind mog stuff you get from Wod isn’t in the sets list.

I was surprised we didn’t get the worgen and goblin heritages, but if it’s really because they aren’t done, I’m ok with that. I would imagine the worgen will involve some kind of old English style and although I don’t currently have a goblin theirs has got to include coins in the design somehow, haha.

After those, I’d love new Pandaren gear, very little outside of Pandaria looks right on a panda to me, so I’d love to see heritage armor for them.
I’m worried the draenei will just be glowy purple/pink crystals. My current draenei is a male hunter, so that style wouldn’t fit at all.
After that I’m not dying to see any others, human, orc, troll, night elf…I can wait.

I’m also happy heritages can be worn by low levels. My new crispy lfd priest looks so much better in heritage armor than a freaking low level robe. :smiley:

1 Like

If we actually get the Worgen HA.