So disillusioned with all of it

And do most people fit into the new mold? Probably not.

1 Like

If the new mold is going from every 3 days to a weekly quest then I would say yes most fit into that mold .

Most likely there were enough people that had a problem with how it worked compared to those that had no problem so they changed it .

If most people fit into this mold, we’d be seeing threads celebrating the change. We aren’t.

1 Like

Here’s my problem. Typically Blizzard unveils their next expansion by the time last-patch is released. We haven’t heard anything yet for an expansion despite 9.2 being last-patch.

What does this mean? We’re going to be in ZM for a LONG time.

Edit: I should specify “major patch”.

5 Likes

The threads complaining are silly, though. They’re just drama being taken out for the way Blizz approached it.

It was crap to change it in a hotfix while people were working on it. They should have changed it the next week. That’s where most of the negativity comes from.

The pace was absolutely going to be changed to a weekly pace, instead of a three day pace. But since it was done in such a crappy way, people are somehow latching onto “it’s a slog” when it isn’t.

The other main issue is that people were getting gear every three days and now it’s only once a week. That, too, was a bad approach.

But the perception of how long it takes is off.

Because people are going to complain either way . Most of the complaining has nothing to do with it being changed to a weekly . It has been about the middle of the day hot fix that nerfed the percentages people were at. If it had been implemented right at the reset , there would be no threads complaining about it and the people that complained about it before the change got what they wanted and aren’t really complaining about it.

as for people not celebrating the change . People seemed to be happy when told about it in GD a week ago . REplies to the BLue post for the most part were pretty positive.

1 Like

No, it was supposed to be a weekly from the beginning. They made a coding mistake, then fixed it, got flack, changed it back and thought they’d just change it back to the nerfed weekly come this last Tuesday. However, they screwed that up, so they had to do a quick hot fix which ended up screwing a ton of people who were in the middle of working on the quest. Making the whole thing a hot mess within their customer base.

1 Like

Where did they say it was supposed to be a weekly and the 3 day thing was a coding error because the only coding error I know of is the one where they did the the hot fix to reflect the changes in the progress bar with the changes to it being a weekly .

Please if you have actual information from Blizz stating that prior to 9.2 launch that the quest was originally supposed to be a weekly quest please show it and it has to be from an official Blizz source and site. Do that and I will be willing to admit i am wrong .

3 Likes

This isn’t the first time they have made this mistake. So, you believe what you want to, Myself, I’ll go off of past mistakes they’ve made, along with hot fixes they’ve used to try and correct their errors. If it looks like a duck and all that. :woman_shrugging:

No it wasn’t. It was always three days, even on PTR.

So you have no source that they had originally planned to do it on a weekly scale and not every 3 days .

Yet in Blizz’s own words they said that

Blizzard

Thank you for all the feedback on the “Patterns Within Patterns” quest. We also agree that the 3-day timer doesn’t offer enough flexibility to complete its requirements multiple times a week.

With next week’s scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, the 3-day quest “Patterns Within Patterns” will become a Weekly Quest, and both its completion requirements and rewards will be increased to provide the same pace of progression.

No where in that did they say they messed up the coding and it should of been released as a weekly quest.

THey said that they believed it would be hard for some to do every 3 days so they would be changing it to a weekly.

2 Likes

No, he just wants to be outraged and make stuff up to make others outraged, because you know that rumor is going to spread.

I’m sorry, but the thought of this is completely unacceptable. This content cadence doesn’t work anymore (if it ever did) in a game that has a MANDATORY monthly sub.

We should see regular content dropping at NO LESS THAN a quarter interval. If ESO can drop 2 new dungeons, weapon/armor sets every quarter + an expansion in the 4th quarter EVERY - SINGLE - YEAR on an optional sub…

…then this company can do even MORE in less time when they’re collecting a mandatory sub AND have a cash shop AND have full retail box price.

No more excuses.

5 Likes

Makes you wonder what they are doing, doesn’t it? Shadowlands has had 2 content patches since launch. Not only that, look how barebones these things are lol.

6 Likes

I think it’s pretty clear that Blizzard needs to simmer on the 2 year release schedule for expansions. It isn’t working for them or the playerbase and probably burning out both parties of all passion for the game.

I don’t think it’s so much the two year release schedule as much as it’s such a lack of content with this release. Along with the massive amounts of gating and systems.

Idk, folks clamor about how awesome Legion is and they abandoned WoD within a year. BFA and Shadowlands felt rushed.

the END of legion was good. it took a few patches to get their though. this wasn’t a “blizzard has a war on alts” thing it was a “blizzard has a war on not only alt specs but your main spec” thing. >_<

The thing is, a LOT of folks were pine-ing their hopes on Shadowlands to be that next “bounceback expansion” like Legion was after WoD, people put their eggs in one basket on Shadowlands to be “the next savior”.

So when it turned out to be another WoD-style flop with “dry”, stale patches people’s hopes were dashed big-time and a lot more players are cynical/negative now that the “good expansion, bad expansion, good expansion” cycle has officially been broken with Shadowlands.

We’ve never been here before, “bad expansion, bad expansion, ???” is simply unprecedented in WoW history. We’re in uncharted territory now so a lot of players are understandably worried about the future of the game/worried about whether this current dev team has what it takes to make WoW great again.

2 Likes

Haven’t really been playing myself. Have done maybe an hour in Zerith Mortis. Maybe I’ll really check it out one day.