So... did they just retcon every act of "Morally Grey" or "Evil" Alliance has done since MoP?

Yeah, but two out of four were always known. This is what baffles me. LOL

It’s like no one on Wowhead’s team researched Legion first or played through the Landfall campaign first…

:dracthyr_shrug:

3 Likes

Okay.

That is too generalized a statement to be acceptable. Some Sunreavers were responsible, but the entire Blood Elf population in Dalaran paid for that crime. Innocent residents of the city were incarcerated and murdered, and the perpetrators of that crime still walk free.

7 Likes

The Alliance!

1 Like

I’m not saying the Dalaran purge was justified. I’m just saying my character was there with Sunreavers in Teldrassil. Followed their orders. Placed a teleport for them and then they said they’ll take care of the rest and my character should go.

That hasn’t changed. It’s been like that since the Landfall campaign was first introduced.

7 Likes

this is what some players are not asking why was it in darnassus and not in dalaran?
if there was a wmd would you want it to stay in a neutral place under lock and key

1 Like

I haven’t played through the Alliance side of the campaign in a while to know why it was taken there.

But someone also just reminded me that even the freaking book says the Horde helped the Sunreavers get it out of Teldrassil. lol

I blame Wowhead for half of this outrage. They can’t even research correctly.

Now… the BfA stuff is mind boggling to me. Because I just played through BfA and it doesn’t make sense to change the order like that. Questing doesn’t even make sense.

2 Likes

we did but if i remember right the horde was afraid of the alliance using it on the horde and might have saved teldrassil from hellscream

that is not evil enough, you have to play soccer with it too.

8 Likes

That I don’t know. All I know is that my character was asked to sneak in, place a teleport, then leave and the Sunreavers would take care of the rest.

The justifications or not of any events following are separate from that. I’m just looking at the actual events and not the poo storms that followed.

1 Like

I like the way you think.

And you’re on the wrong side of the fence, brother.

One of us. One of us.

4 Likes

Tovi, the band Blizzard hired didn’t hurt the alliance’s feelings. The band Blizzard hired used hate speech against a specific marginalized community. Don’t believe me? Then go ahead and repeat or post what that band said right here right now and see what happens. I double dare you.

10 Likes

When i did play, i did not conform to the status quo of factions, If i could have chosen i would have picked neutral. The divide is unhealthy and leads to a “us vs them” which just breeds hate on the forums and “their opinion don’t matter because they are the wrong faction”

4 Likes

This is more than awful. :pouting_cat:

When you’re done snapping your fingers and weaving your head around, I would like to point out to you that I can’t repeat what they said because it’s bad language, not because it’s hate speech.

5 Likes

Welcome to Blizzard in 2024

Where their views are veiled and almost related to IRL topics happening controversy

1 Like

Oh come on Tovi. Just say it. I know you want to.

1 Like

Oh man, you double dared me and told me to “just say it.” I have a weak mind so that all it takes.

No wait, I’m just going to roll my eyes instead. Sorry not sorry.

5 Likes

This is what I understood. I really don’t see why they would go through all the trouble of writing the Chronicles if it’s all going to be unreliable. Why not give us a factual history?

4 Likes

You are very brave at defending your forum positions. Very brave indeed. You brought it up. Inform the community what was said and how it was an insult to the alliance and not to the queer community?

You brought it up. You obviously want to discuss the incident. So here’s your forum: discuss.

3 Likes

Yeah other people have been using it as an example of Horde bias. Not in this thread but in others.

I don’t remember and I’m not as brave as you. Since you know and you’re very spun up about the topic, you do it. Seems to mean more to you than to me.

Personally, I believe that people that can find their way to the forums knows how to use YouTube so I’m gonna skip breaking the forum CoC.

2 Likes