So did they gut all the interesting conflict/strife talents?

Now all 3 specs get temporal shield? Seriously???

1 Like

It’s a pvp centric essence. Blood of the Enemy was always better anyway.

1 Like

I suppose. But now it’s not even interesting.

Its fine in the sense that you always need Temp, and its nice to run 3 offensive traits.

1 Like

In terms of interesting gameplay possible changes I am leaning toward: Vision of Perfection Buffs

The Vision of Perfection is an Essence that effects every spec differently.

Major Power :

• Rank 1: Your spells and abilities have a chance to activate {SPEC COOLDOWN} for 25% of its base duration.

• Rank 2: Your spells and abilities have a chance to activate {SPEC COOLDOWN} for 35% of its base duration.

• Rank 3: Your spells and abilities have a chance to activate {SPEC COOLDOWN} for 35% of its base duration. When the Vision of Perfection activates, the cooldown of {SPEC COOLDOWN} is reduced by 10 sec.

Minor Power :
Note: The “X” value changes based on class. See the value for X in the spec specific dropdown below.

• Rank 1: Reduces the cooldown of {SPEC COOLDOWN} by X%.

• Rank 2: Reduces the cooldown of {SPEC COOLDOWN} by X%. When you activate {SPEC COOLDOWN}, immediately heal for 5% of maximum health.

• Rank 3: Reduces the cooldown of {SPEC COOLDOWN} by X% and increases your Versatility by 85. When you activate {SPEC COOLDOWN}, immediately heal for 5% of maximum health.

Blood of the Enemy will more than likely be better all around but this just sounds more fun to me when I think about maybe, just maybe going back to fire mage and running Kindling again. Just wonder how much more Combustion uptime would actually increase.

That does sound interesting. So is it the main cool down for each spec? Combustion, arcane power, Icy veins?

Yep, those three. I can only seeing Vision being worth it for Frost(Major and Minor), Arcane(Major and Minor) it’ll mess up they’re set up with the Balefire trinket, and Evocation lining up with Arcane Power and stuff.

While with Fire, the minor power may be interesting, while the major power doesn’t feel worth it, because 5 seconds of Combustion on RNG is hard to prepare for unless it proc’s very often, but I doubt it.

First of all it was not PVP centric they clearly intended to make it valuable for PVE they just gave up, because they do not want to spend the time tuning it.

And what you are saying is not completely true. As a fire mage, the Flammecannon was way better than BoE, and even now BoE major isn’t very good, make fire even worst vs frost than it already was.

Basically Fire which was bad in PVE is being nerfed by virtue of the other spec getting better essences than fire.

The bluepost quoted from an earlier thread that you posted on confirms my theory.

1 Like

I also wonder how you know fire is bad when you run sub optimal talents and seem to only m+? Not being a troll, genuinely asking.

I know fire sucks for M+, sadly I see not reason to play a spec i do not like, if that was the case i would just stop playing. And M+ is what i can run with my friends, that are nice enough to look the other way at the bad spec. Not sure how it’s relevant to the fact Fire is still down the abyss from a PVE standpoint, and the essences are just bad for fire since they did a 180 on Conflict and Strife. It’s not like raiding is much better for fire ( compared to other class/specs ) out of the niche “we need a fast burn now”.

As far a sub-optimal talent, we can agree to disagree, I prefer fire starter because it allows to stack a way bigger ignite for reaping, and actually outdps most classes. Living bomb is a bad talent i do not normally run with it, i was just experimenting. Finally I prefer Incanter flow vs Runes, because again in M+ it’s hard to get the best out of all your runes.

Exaggeration, meet hyperbole and blatant misinformation.

You mean that part of the dungeon that’s irrelevant?

Ad hominem ([Latin] for “to the person”), short for argumentum ad hominem , is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself

I never attacked you. You might want to attempt to re-read the definition there.

Your argument, like your credibility has already been called into question. No need for edgy logical fallacy.

There are so many things wrong in this forum thread its astounding. Let’s just get one thing straight once and for all. Conflict and Strife was NEVER designed to be a PvE focused essence. You unlock it via PvP ffs… not to mention the secondary effects it has always had since its creation is not ever usable in freaking P. V. E… You would have to have extreme tunnel vision or be in mega denial to have the argument, OH well it said usable in PVE so it means it was meant for it. No, that’s not how it works. If anyone at all did any kind of reading beyond the first talent that caught their eye on the first day of information released on C&S Essences then they would have definitely seen the Minor traits and ALL of the other class talents for other classes that was clearly focused around PvP defensives. Please stop spreading anger and misinformation please.

1 Like