Likeliness of mage buffs in 8.2?

Timmy, your tin foil hat is showing.

Umm, no.

I like your style, Drez. People say the sky is falling and you always seem to be a voice of reason.

1 Like

Wow people the Essence was not intended for PvE it was designed around PvP, it should not be surprising to see it changed to defensive when the minor traits were all about PvP specific survival to begin with. Even if it were Clearcasting / Flamecannon / Frozen Orb we more than likely still would have not taken it unless you wanted to just do it for fun.

1 Like

We were always going to take Blood of the Enemy anyway.

They are intended for PvE. They specifically state they give those talents in PvE. Now they are nerged and only give a minor defensive which should make it valid on a minor slot imo.

Something something witty barb.

1 Like

Finally someone agrees with me. Been saying this the whole time, and it was obvious when the minor power of Strife was involving doubling defensive versatility when you lose control of your character. People need to read everything before posting about new traits.

1 Like

Mage buff?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

3 Likes

Most of the time we will be with healers constantly (well usually) topping us up… do we tell them not to worry.

This is a ridiculous change … we get all this in warmode so what exactly is this benefit ?

The benefit is simply this:

Conflict and Strife:
This essence activates a specific PvP talent in all content, including PvE instances, similar to the Legendary Ring from Legion.

Major Power

• Rank 1: Teaches you the following PvP Talent, and allows its use against all enemies of Azeroth:

• Rank 2: While you are stunned, the defensive benefit from your Versatility is doubled.
    Teaches you the following PvP Talent, and allows its use against all enemies of Azeroth:

• Rank 3: While you are stunned, the defensive benefit from your Versatility is doubled.
    Teaches you the following PvP Talent, and allows its use against all enemies of Azeroth:

Minor Power

• Rank 1: Your spells and abilities have a chance to increase your Versatility by 46672 for 8 sec, stacking up to 5 times. Being the vicitim of a loss of control or movement impairing effect also grants a stack of Strife.

• Rank 2: You gain 32 Versatility rating for 14 sec after suffering a loss of control effect.

• Rank 3: You gain 32 Versatility rating for 14 sec after suffering a loss of control effect.

NOTE The above was copy pasted from wowhead. I know the Minor Power Rank 1 states an absurd amount of versatility but that is likely just an error somewhere.

Pay special attention to versatility proc requirements in this. You have to have loss of control of your character. Because nearly all the classes before the “nerf” of this had their spells already slotted for Defensive targeting while mages were one of the few, along with Druids, whom spells were Offensive, it is not surprising at all that Blizz corrected themselves to place defensives for the remaining classes. Or at least changed some other offensives to be more utility based. Furthermore the use of this Conflict and Strife Essence means you will have the ability to use a total of 4 PvP talents instead of the normal 3. This essence was fully aimed toward PvP with extremely minor use in PvE.

I always find it hilarious when a mage has very reasonable concerns it is ALWAYS a warrior alt that comes in and claims we are all wrong lol.

3 Likes

I find it hilarious that the post you quoted had nothing to specifically do with mage, nor have you disprove any post I’ve made that actually did.

Lol.

1 Like

Actually what I replied to was your sarcastic post thinking you are clever when you are STILL posting on an alt. It was also the reply you gave that talked about it being for pvp when clearly other classes have HUGE pve benefits. The benefits mages got were taken away. Which was one of the points you responded.

2 Likes

They all have PvE benefits.

1 Like

Hey, so i’ve passed you on every possible metric in this game. Remember, you mocked me for my progression and m+, then got me a ban. Well. I win.

2 Likes

Please give me a situation where temporal shield his helpful. Only thing I can think of is having to call out to NOT be healed because its going on and when it comes to blanket heals its not gonna matter. On top of that you can still die while using it so healers are supposed to learn to heal just enough to not let you die while using temporal shield? Imo its 1000x easier to just be healed.

Jaina, Uu’nat, Conclave, Rastakan, Grong, Ghuun, Mythrax, Fetid, Vectis, Mother.

2 Likes

You know there are times when the damage outpaces the healing, right?

You know there are times when damage outpaces healing, right?

1 Like

you named bosses not situations. Please tell me where temporal shield there would not just be healed through due to raid wide aoe healing going on. I didnt think you would be that dumb to where I had to specify.

Irony, exemplified.

Also, totally uncalled for.

1 Like